O2003 - Custom Form - Adding Category Button

srm

      9th Dec 2009
I'm using O2003 and created a custom task form. I want to have access
to my master Category list like I do on the main task form.

I created a command button and used "cmdCategories" in the name field
entered the code below. When I try to use the button, I get an invalid
procedure or call in the "Set cmd" line.

Sub cmdCategories_Click()
Set ai = Item.Application.ActiveInspector
Set mb = ai.CommandBars.Item("Menu Bar")
Set cmd = mb.Controls("Edit").Controls("Categories...")
cmd.Execute
End Sub

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Shawn

Sue Mosher [MVP]

      9th Dec 2009
Use the TaskItem.ShowCategoriesDialog method:

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"srm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using O2003 and created a custom task form. I want to have access
> to my master Category list like I do on the main task form.
>
> I created a command button and used "cmdCategories" in the name field
> entered the code below. When I try to use the button, I get an invalid
> procedure or call in the "Set cmd" line.
>
> Sub cmdCategories_Click()
> Set ai = Item.Application.ActiveInspector
> Set mb = ai.CommandBars.Item("Menu Bar")
> Set cmd = mb.Controls("Edit").Controls("Categories...")
> cmd.Execute
> End Sub
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated?
>
> Shawn

srm

      10th Dec 2009
On Dec 9, 9:07*am, "Sue Mosher [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Use the TaskItem.ShowCategoriesDialog method:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa210294.aspx
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> * *Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
> * * *Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
> * *http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>
> "srm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I'm using O2003 and created a custom task form. I want to have access
> > to my master Category list like I do on the main task form.

> > I created a command button and used "cmdCategories" in the name field
> > entered the code below. When I try to use the button, I get an invalid
> > procedure or call in the "Set cmd" line.

> > Sub cmdCategories_Click()
> > * Set ai = Item.Application.ActiveInspector
> > * Set mb = ai.CommandBars.Item("Menu Bar")
> > * Set cmd = mb.Controls("Edit").Controls("Categories...")
> > * cmd.Execute
> > End Sub

> > Any suggestions would be appreciated?

> > Shawn