Bill

      20th Jun 2006
NVIDIA has Vista Beta Drivers for some of their products. I updated my
GeForce 6800 card.

Mitch _A

      20th Jun 2006
I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
driver.

--
"Don't pee an my leg then tell me it's raining"
> NVIDIA has Vista Beta Drivers for some of their products. I updated my
> GeForce 6800 card.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Bill

      20th Jun 2006
That's what I got - don't seem to have any problems - SO FAR. It may be my
imagination, but the monitor seems brighter after the driver update.

"Mitch _A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
driver.

--
"Don't pee an my leg then tell me it's raining"
> NVIDIA has Vista Beta Drivers for some of their products. I updated my
> GeForce 6800 card.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Zack Uribe

      20th Jun 2006
I have been using the 88.61 drivers on both x86(since Beta2 openened-660gt
AGP) and 64bit(today-7600GT-PCI-E) with no problems. I am using the Nforce
drivers for my motherboard(sound/NIC) under 64bit also.

> That's what I got - don't seem to have any problems - SO FAR. It may be my
> imagination, but the monitor seems brighter after the driver update.
>

> "Mitch _A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
> driver.
>
> --
> "Don't pee an my leg then tell me it's raining"
> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> NVIDIA has Vista Beta Drivers for some of their products. I updated my
>> GeForce 6800 card.
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZWY=?=

      20th Jun 2006
Hi, I'm using NVIDIA 6800 and when I boot, there's a strange problem. The
DVI-port works fine, until the grey-scale windows loading is complete, then
the screen goes blank. It works in safe mode though. I just tried the DSUB
port instead, that worked fine, and with both cables plugged to the screen
windows says it finds 2 displays in the start, but in display properties, I
just find one. I tried to install the NVIDIA drivers in safe mode, but now
windows uses the old VGA driver because of that the NVIDIA driver is too old.
What should I do?

"Zack Uribe" wrote:

> I have been using the 88.61 drivers on both x86(since Beta2 openened-660gt
> AGP) and 64bit(today-7600GT-PCI-E) with no problems. I am using the Nforce
> drivers for my motherboard(sound/NIC) under 64bit also.
>

> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > That's what I got - don't seem to have any problems - SO FAR. It may be my
> > imagination, but the monitor seems brighter after the driver update.
> >

> > "Mitch _A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
> > driver.
> >
> > --
> > "Don't pee an my leg then tell me it's raining"
> > "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> NVIDIA has Vista Beta Drivers for some of their products. I updated my
> >> GeForce 6800 card.
> >>
> >> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

=?Utf-8?B?S29keQ==?=

      12th Jul 2006
I have the same problem. Default drivers work, Can't uprade to the 88.61
drivers I get the black screen and have to reboot with Last Known Config. For
that matter I don't seem to be able to upgrade any new drivers, Sound, Raid,
Video two unknown devices. After all the time Microsoft has had in developing
this product you would think that their Betas would be a bit smoother and
more fuctional. I can't imagine them getting this software out to the market
by Jan with all these problems resolved.

"Josef" wrote:

> Hi, I'm using NVIDIA 6800 and when I boot, there's a strange problem. The
> DVI-port works fine, until the grey-scale windows loading is complete, then
> the screen goes blank. It works in safe mode though. I just tried the DSUB
> port instead, that worked fine, and with both cables plugged to the screen
> windows says it finds 2 displays in the start, but in display properties, I
> just find one. I tried to install the NVIDIA drivers in safe mode, but now
> windows uses the old VGA driver because of that the NVIDIA driver is too old.
> What should I do?
>
> "Zack Uribe" wrote:
>
> > I have been using the 88.61 drivers on both x86(since Beta2 openened-660gt
> > AGP) and 64bit(today-7600GT-PCI-E) with no problems. I am using the Nforce
> > drivers for my motherboard(sound/NIC) under 64bit also.
> >

> > "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > That's what I got - don't seem to have any problems - SO FAR. It may be my
> > > imagination, but the monitor seems brighter after the driver update.
> > >

> > > "Mitch _A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
> > > driver.
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Don't pee an my leg then tell me it's raining"
> > > "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZWY=?=

      12th Jul 2006
You actually don't have to boot to last known good config, if you have an
analouge port, DSUB to connect to your screen. It worked for me, but the
problem is too big anyway.. I agree, it will be exciting to see Vista
actually working well in Jan...