NTLDR is missing. ATTENTION with ACCESS DENIED MESSAGE.

=?Utf-8?B?Vml0dG9yaW8tRFBF?=

      18th Jan 2005
URGENT URGENT !!!

Thanks for replies but remember that i already read all of suggestions writen
in this newsgroup and in MS knowledgebase.

I have Windows 2000 server Standard Edition.
Something happened but I do not know what.
The message "NTLDR is missing" appeared during booting.

I did all what is suggested in article Q318728 and in its related links.

The problem is when I execute, as indicated in 318728 Method 2,
copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\ and
copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\
from the Recovery Console, where D is Windows 2000 server distribution
CDROM. drive
I receive ACCESS DENIED messagge.

I don'nt know what to do.

HELP HELP HELP

--
I HOPE to have a help from MS.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      18th Jan 2005

"Vittorio-DPE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> URGENT URGENT !!!
>
> Thanks for replies but remember that i already read all of suggestions

writen
> in this newsgroup and in MS knowledgebase.
>
> I have Windows 2000 server Standard Edition.
> Something happened but I do not know what.
> The message "NTLDR is missing" appeared during booting.
>
> I did all what is suggested in article Q318728 and in its related links.
>
> The problem is when I execute, as indicated in 318728 Method 2,
> copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\ and
> copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\
> from the Recovery Console, where D is Windows 2000 server distribution
> CDROM. drive
> I receive ACCESS DENIED messagge.
>
> I don'nt know what to do.
>
> HELP HELP HELP
>
> --
> I HOPE to have a help from MS.

First, let's get rid of a couple of misconceptions:
- Unless you tell us what you have tried so far (other than follow
Q318728), we don't know. This is a busy newsgroup and
respondents cannot keep track of every thread.
- While this group is hosted by MS, its contributors are
mostly volunteers and are not associated with MS.

Now to your problem: I suggest you start by manufacturing
a Win2000 boot disk like so:
- Format a floppy disk on some Win2000/XP PC.
Don't do it on a Win9x PC - it won't work.
- Copy these files from the \i386 folder of your Win2000 CD
to A:\
ntldr
ntdetect.com
- Create a file a:\boot.ini with these lines
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=3
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server"
/fastdetect
- Boot the machine with this floppy

What do you get?

=?Utf-8?B?Vml0dG9yaW8tRFBF?=

      18th Jan 2005
Hi Pegasus,

Thanks for your replay.
I did already what you suggested (Method 1 in 318728).

I got the following:

The system boot regularly using ntldr,ntdetect.com and boot.ini from floppy
We reach the Windows 2000 server colored screen indicating progress of
booting.
At the end of the progress booting bar the system clears the screen writing:
First I'll write it in italian: "Il programma di installazione sar├*
riavviato" .
Translation in english "The install programm will restart".

The system is in hang state.

Pegasus please help me.

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "Vittorio-DPE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > URGENT URGENT !!!
> >
> > Thanks for replies but remember that i already read all of suggestions

> writen
> > in this newsgroup and in MS knowledgebase.
> >
> > I have Windows 2000 server Standard Edition.
> > Something happened but I do not know what.
> > The message "NTLDR is missing" appeared during booting.
> >
> > I did all what is suggested in article Q318728 and in its related links.
> >
> > The problem is when I execute, as indicated in 318728 Method 2,
> > copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\ and
> > copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\
> > from the Recovery Console, where D is Windows 2000 server distribution
> > CDROM. drive
> > I receive ACCESS DENIED messagge.
> >
> > I don'nt know what to do.
> >
> > HELP HELP HELP
> >
> > --
> > I HOPE to have a help from MS.

> First, let's get rid of a couple of misconceptions:
> - Unless you tell us what you have tried so far (other than follow
> Q318728), we don't know. This is a busy newsgroup and
> respondents cannot keep track of every thread.
> - While this group is hosted by MS, its contributors are
> mostly volunteers and are not associated with MS.
>
> Now to your problem: I suggest you start by manufacturing
> a Win2000 boot disk like so:
> - Format a floppy disk on some Win2000/XP PC.
> Don't do it on a Win9x PC - it won't work.
> - Copy these files from the \i386 folder of your Win2000 CD
> to A:\
> ntldr
> ntdetect.com
> - Create a file a:\boot.ini with these lines
> [Boot Loader]
> Timeout=3
> Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
> [Operating Systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server"
> /fastdetect
> - Boot the machine with this floppy
>
> What do you get?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      18th Jan 2005
The key to your problem lies in the message "The installation
program will now restart". You're not installing anything; you're
trying to start Windows. I think that something has gone badly
wrong with your server. If it was my server then i would restore
it to the most recent image snapshot. I create one of these once
every six months.

I assume that you have tried pressing F8 during the early boot
phase so that you can boot into the "Last known good configuration".