Where is NTLDR and NTDECTECT.COM located?

ADAM

      14th Apr 2004
I think they are in the root director, but is that C:?
or is it C:\Windows? I'm trying to make a backup up of
these two files and when I did a search in C: and
C:\Windows I couldn't find them. I did a search for NTLDR
and also a search for NTDETECT.COM in both locations but
with no success! Can anyone tell me how to find these
files so I can make a back up! Ohh and Show hidden files
IS checked!

Bob Cerelli

      14th Apr 2004
Both are hidden files on the root of the C: partition.

Bob Cerelli
http://www.onecomputerguy.com

"ADAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1cad401c4226f$d824a150$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think they are in the root director, but is that C:?
> or is it C:\Windows? I'm trying to make a backup up of
> these two files and when I did a search in C: and
> C:\Windows I couldn't find them. I did a search for NTLDR
> and also a search for NTDETECT.COM in both locations but
> with no success! Can anyone tell me how to find these
> files so I can make a back up! Ohh and Show hidden files
> IS checked!

Les Herrman

      15th Apr 2004
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:28:43 -0700, "ADAM"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think they are in the root director, but is that C:?
>or is it C:\Windows? I'm trying to make a backup up of
>these two files and when I did a search in C: and
>C:\Windows I couldn't find them. I did a search for NTLDR
>and also a search for NTDETECT.COM in both locations but
>with no success! Can anyone tell me how to find these
>files so I can make a back up! Ohh and Show hidden files
>IS checked!

Even though you have Show hidden checked
Those two files are also protected system files. You need to uncheck
the option "Hide protected operating system files" box also.