how to notify contacts of change of e-mail address

Rafael de Armas

      6th Aug 2004
What is the fastest way of doing this short of sending
individual messages to each contact one by one!

Orrie

      6th Aug 2004
I just did this, and it was simple. Open a New message form and click on To:
(or click on the Address Book icon on the toolbar.) A 'Select Names' window
will open showing the names in your default address book list.

Highlight the contacts you want from the Names list, and click on Bcc. Use
Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy), so each recipient will only see his/her name and
not everyone's. I think this is not only courteous, but may avoid friction
with people who don't want their e-mail addresses sent out to a bunch of
people they don't know.

If you have a number of separate Contact lists (i.e., Clients, Family,
Friends, etc.), you can click on 'Show names from the:' to select a
different list, then add those names to your Bcc:

When you've added all the names you want to get your message, click OK, then
type your message and send it. I asked people to reply to tell me that they
received my message, because I was shutting down my old e-mail address, and
I wanted to be sure all my important contacts knew that.

I don't know if there is limit to the number of people you can address at
once, but I mailed to several dozen contacts with no problem.

Orrie

"Rafael de Armas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:12fc01c47bb9$146a3f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the fastest way of doing this short of sending
> individual messages to each contact one by one!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      6th Aug 2004
FYI, ysour ISP may impose such a limit.

--