nothing happens when double click on icons

=?Utf-8?B?QW5nMTYxMQ==?=

      21st Oct 2004
PC boots up fine, but when I double click on any icons, nothing happens, get
hourglass then it goes away. It may be a virus, but I am unable to do a
virus scan.

Road Runner

      22nd Oct 2004
Hi ... Go to this website and try out number 4 , see if that will help

"Ang1611" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PC boots up fine, but when I double click on any icons, nothing happens,
> get
> hourglass then it goes away. It may be a virus, but I am unable to do a
> virus scan.

Rock

      22nd Oct 2004
Ang1611 wrote:

> PC boots up fine, but when I double click on any icons, nothing happens, get
> hourglass then it goes away. It may be a virus, but I am unable to do a
> virus scan.

If it's a virus start with Trend Micro's Sysclean. Download it and the
signature file. Turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
sysclean. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

Trend Micro Sysclean

Trend Micro Signature File

You should also regularly run at least two of these online scans in
addition to your regular up to date AV program:

Online and Downloadable Virus Scanning:

Panda ActiveScan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm

Bit Defender Online Virus Scan:
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

Symantec Online Virus and Security Scan:
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

TrendMicro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

McAfee Online Virus Scan:
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

RAV AntiVirus - Scan Online
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

F-Secure:
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
and run them weekly.

Cwshredder
http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#cwshred

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://www.pestscan.com/ScanOrTrial.asp

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html