Notepad Question

yi3artist

      4th Jul 2003
I want to use the new feature of Notepad in XP, "Go to".
The option is always grayed out. I really wan this
feature. How do I get it to work.

MagicRavi

      4th Jul 2003
Hi,

the option "Go To" will be enabled only if the word wrap option is disabled.
Go to the format menu and disable the word wrap option, now the "Go to"
option will be enabled.
to go to a specific line

1.. On the Edit menu, click Go To.
2.. In Goto line, type the line number you want the cursor to jump to.
Notes

a.. You do not have to have line numbers in your document for this command
to work.
b.. Lines are counted down the left margin beginning at the top of the
document.
Regards

Ravickumar M
Microsoft MVP [XP] | WWISA - Practicing Member
"yi3artist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:02c101c3425d$dd837ec0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to use the new feature of Notepad in XP, "Go to".
> The option is always grayed out. I really wan this
> feature. How do I get it to work.

Ken Blake

      4th Jul 2003
"yi3artist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:02c101c3425d$dd837ec0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want to use the new feature of Notepad in XP, "Go to".
> The option is always grayed out. I really wan this
> feature. How do I get it to work.

I've never had occasion to use this, and actually didn't even
know it was there. But I just played with it and can report that
"Go to" is grayed out when word-wrap is turned on, and available
when word-wrap is turned off.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup