Not A Valid Win32 Application

Kathy

      7th Jan 2005
When I try to install the program, I get the message that
the file is "not a valid Win32 application." Any
suggestions?

Ray D. [MVP]

      7th Jan 2005
Can you post more information about your system and configuration? What
operating system, service pack, etc.?

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:021d01c4f444$09e39600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to install the program, I get the message that
> the file is "not a valid Win32 application." Any
> suggestions?

Adam Piggott

      7th Jan 2005

Randy J. Anderson

      7th Jan 2005

That message means that the program file is corrupted.

Kathy

      7th Jan 2005

Thanks! That worked.

Mark Randall

      7th Jan 2005
You should redownload it again - That means that the application EXE has
somehow been corrupted, usually during download.

- MR

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:021d01c4f444$09e39600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to install the program, I get the message that
> the file is "not a valid Win32 application." Any
> suggestions?

New Member

      13th Feb 2008
there is a malicious piece of software that has disabled all the important pieces of software such as partition magic, zone alarm, true vector services and any installation of antivirus and firewall software. I know that trying to install all these again comes up with the same reponse...is not a valid win32 application, there has got to be a windows file that has been either changed or corrupted....if there is someone out there who knows , what in the registry could cause this...I would like to know.