PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Norton issue

 
 
Ross
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and it
tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it won't
let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nate Grossman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
Ross <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
>something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and it
>tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it won't
>let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.


Maybe your computer knows better than you do.

Dump Norton 360... if you insist on keeping it, contact the support
page for the product.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Yanaire, ESQ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009

"Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
> something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and
> it
> tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it
> won't
> let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.


Dump Norton like a cheap whore. Norton is bloated and takes lots of CPU and
hogs memory. Friends don't let friends install Norton.

Use AVAST or AVG (both are FREE for home users) which is much better than
Norton. You will be much happier.



 
Reply With Quote
 
db
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
agree

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- @hotmail.com
"share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>


"Nate Grossman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ross <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
>>something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and
>>it
>>tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it
>>won't
>>let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.

>
> Maybe your computer knows better than you do.
>
> Dump Norton 360... if you insist on keeping it, contact the support
> page for the product.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Fadi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
AVG!! the ONLY thing that make AVG popular is because it is free
but for me ... i dont like to even call it an antivirus

but i agree with you that avast is a good free one

"William Yanaire, ESQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RRu_l.95$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
>> something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and
>> it
>> tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it
>> won't
>> let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.

>
> Dump Norton like a cheap whore. Norton is bloated and takes lots of CPU
> and hogs memory. Friends don't let friends install Norton.
>
> Use AVAST or AVG (both are FREE for home users) which is much better than
> Norton. You will be much happier.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
Everybody mentioned how bad the product is
but failed to provide an answer to your problem

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...nav.nsf&view=0

Warning: The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls "all" Norton
2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products installed on your PC.
If you use ACT! or WinFAX, back up those databases before you proceed.

So for example if you still have Ghost and System Works installed,
and you want to remove the last traces of Norton 360 not removed when
you uninstalled it via Add/Remove programs, this tool has the unfortunate
side effect of removing any and "all" other Symantec product installed
on your PC (Ghost, System Works, Etc) also.

If after running the "removal tool" you still get a reboot message
post back and I'll give you some other things to try.

Finally is you can return the product to the store where you
purchased 360 from and get your money back. There is a much
better Norton product named Norton NIS (2009 version). Buy
this and you will be better off.

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com



"Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
> something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and
> it
> tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it
> won't
> let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.



 
Reply With Quote
 
DL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
And if you still cannot start the Laptop, see the paperwork supplied with
your Laptop, or the manufacturers site, and restore your Laptop to supplied
condition.
BTW You did uninstall the anti virus trial that your laptop was probably
supplied with before trying to install any other?

"JS" <@> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everybody mentioned how bad the product is
> but failed to provide an answer to your problem
>
> Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...nav.nsf&view=0
>
> Warning: The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls "all" Norton
> 2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products installed on your PC.
> If you use ACT! or WinFAX, back up those databases before you proceed.
>
> So for example if you still have Ghost and System Works installed,
> and you want to remove the last traces of Norton 360 not removed when
> you uninstalled it via Add/Remove programs, this tool has the unfortunate
> side effect of removing any and "all" other Symantec product installed
> on your PC (Ghost, System Works, Etc) also.
>
> If after running the "removal tool" you still get a reboot message
> post back and I'll give you some other things to try.
>
> Finally is you can return the product to the store where you
> purchased 360 from and get your money back. There is a much
> better Norton product named Norton NIS (2009 version). Buy
> this and you will be better off.
>
> --
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>
>
>
> "Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
>> something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and
>> it
>> tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it
>> won't
>> let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Luca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
"JS" <@> wrote:

>Finally is you can return the product to the store where you
>purchased 360 from and get your money back.


You're utterly clueless. NO retailer will give money back on opened
software. Unless there's a retailer out there somewhere as clueless
as you are.
 
Reply With Quote
 
HeyBub
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
Ray Luca wrote:
> "JS" <@> wrote:
>
>> Finally is you can return the product to the store where you
>> purchased 360 from and get your money back.

>
> You're utterly clueless. NO retailer will give money back on opened
> software. Unless there's a retailer out there somewhere as clueless
> as you are.


Hmm. They ALWAYS do it for us.

Of course we have a shrink-wrap machine...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter Foldes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Jun 2009
Did your laptop come with an Anti Virus installed and did you uninstall beforehand ?

As an example if you had Norton AV installed with the purchase of the laptop and
then you try to install Norton 360 on top you most probably will get the same
resulting issue as now

Norton Removal Tool
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039


--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Ross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an issue with my brand new laptop!!!! tried to install Norton 360
> something...and it keeps telling me to restart the computer I do that and it
> tells me the same thing over agian tried to uninstall norton 360 but it won't
> let me!!!!! All help and suggestions appreciated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Norton Anti Virus 2004 & Norton Internet Security 2005 lipiozzywife Support 4 24th Feb 2005 11:39 AM
SYMANTEC NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON SYSTEM WORKS 2005, SYMANTEC NORTON GHOST V9.0, Norton PartitionMagic 8.05, Acronis PartitionExpert v-2003, Acronis Disk Director Suite v9.0.508, new !, other Zorba.GR Windows XP Customization 2 23rd Sep 2004 03:40 PM
Norton system works 2004 what version of Norton AntiVirus >??>> OCZ Guy Windows XP Help 3 16th Aug 2004 08:10 PM
Norton Products - Norton Internet Security Brian Burgess Windows XP Help 6 4th May 2004 04:48 AM
NORTON AV/NORTON IS '04 =?Utf-8?B?RnJ1c3RyYWRlZA==?= Windows XP Help 3 14th Jan 2004 03:11 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 PM.