Non-consecutive page numbering

Diggy

      20th Nov 2003
Is there a way to get non consecutive page numbering?

Here's the situation. I have a five chapter document in English and I am
translating it into Korean. Before the translation is complete, I need to
submit it for some review.

I have so far translated the Table of Contents as well as Chapters 1, 3, and
4. In this partial translation, the absence of Chapter 2 means that, with
normal consecutive page numbering, the Table of Contents does not accurately
give page numbers for Chapters 3 and 4. I do not want to alter the page
numbers on the table of contents (because I want the reviewer to understand
the relative lengths of all the chapters as they should appear in the final,
translated document).

Is there a way to start page numbering for Chapter 3 at page number 34 (for
example) without affecting the page numbering of the previous Chapter 1? (I
need there to be a gap in the page numbers of about 23 pages for chapter 2.)

--
ICQ#

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      20th Nov 2003
Insert a section break between the two existing chapters and use Format Page
Number to start the numbering in the new section at the appropriate number.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...