No user configuration settings applied

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rpam4=?=

      12th Oct 2006
Hello,
I have gpo's configured in serveral domains but in one domain no user
configuration settings are applied. When I use the RSoP I can see that the
computer settings are applied but the user configuration stays empty. I have
made settings in the computer and user configuration in one policy but only
the computer configuration is executed. I also switched this GPO to other
OU's but the problem stays. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

      12th Oct 2006
Hi,

Stijn schrieb:
> I have gpo's configured in serveral domains but in one domain no user
> configuration settings are applied. When I use the RSoP I can see that the
> computer settings are applied but the user configuration stays empty. I have
> made settings in the computer and user configuration in one policy but only
> the computer configuration is executed. I also switched this GPO to other
> OU's but the problem stays. What am I doing wrong?

There is no User objekt inside the OU, where the GPO is linked.

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
Blog: gpupdate.spaces.live.com - english

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rpam4=?=

      12th Oct 2006
Mark,
Thanks for the fast reply. but my problem stays on a other GPO. I have made
a registry setting using the policymaker registry extension (polreg.msi).
I've put the key :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet to 0. (this is the only setting in the GPO)
In both domains I have a OU "AllComputers". In this OU I linked the GPO. In
the first domain the GPO is executed in the other not. In the first domain I
can see the GPO in the summary of the RSoP but I can't find the setting of
the registry key in any of the RSoP. In the description of the policy
registry extension however they say you should see the settings of the
registrykey.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Stijn schrieb:
> Thanks for the fast reply. but my problem stays on a other GPO. I have made
> a registry setting using the policymaker registry extension (polreg.msi).

Did you install the polreg.msi on the client pc?

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
Blog: gpupdate.spaces.live.com - english

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rpam4=?=

      12th Oct 2006
No,
Polreg is installed on the server.

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Stijn schrieb:
> > Thanks for the fast reply. but my problem stays on a other GPO. I have made
> > a registry setting using the policymaker registry extension (polreg.msi).

> Did you install the polreg.msi on the client pc?
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy
>
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
> Blog: gpupdate.spaces.live.com - english

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

      13th Oct 2006
Stijn schrieb:
> No,
> Polreg is installed on the server.

The Registry Entry that you define with Destopstandard is inside
a XML File inside the SYSVOL.
It is not written inside the "registry.pol" that MS is using to deploy
registry entries.

So, without the polreg.msi on the client, the client doesn´t know how
to handle this XML. He is not able to understand this file, because
of the missing client side extension.

The polreg.msi is not only a possibillity to "edit" the GPO, it is
aswell necessary to understand the setting. It is a CSE (clien side
extension). Deploy it to all clients that should be effected.

Mark