No sound Thinkpad T20 XP pro

=?Utf-8?B?YWxsZmluZWFydA==?=

      18th Nov 2006
Help! CS4281 Crystal SoundFusion PCI card. XP says everything is fine!
--
If it disagees with experiment... it is wrong!

Elmo

      19th Nov 2006
allfineart wrote:
> Help! CS4281 Crystal SoundFusion PCI card. XP says everything is fine!

Try the troubleshooter here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...id=MIGR-4YLR6P

--
Joe =o)

=?Utf-8?B?YWxsZmluZWFydA==?=

      19th Nov 2006
I have been to all the IBM update sites. I've had them auto recognise my
system, installes the updater and everything else they offered - still no
use. It's especially infuriating that xp hardware manager sys it's all
installed and working properly.
The problem is that the Crystal Semiconductoe (now Cirrus) Crystal
SoundFusion CS4281 sound device was meant to run on win98 on the T20. Mine
was installed with win98se. However, the T20 was issued with xp installed,
but I think with a diff chip, not the 4281. I was hoping that, as I upgraded,
perhsaps there was some registry or other type of file that has to be
unpacked from the update folder and actually installed in the right place.
It may be there is not software sollution - I hope not.
Thanks for the help anyway.
Best wishes, David.