PC Review

No Sound After Xp Pro Reinstall

10th Jul 2009
hav exhausted searches for this topic, nothing seems to work...............I reinstalled ,,,,,,,,,,,,clean boot.............xp prof,,,,,,,,,,no sound since., have reinstalled my motherboard driver, sound driver from the mobo cd,,,,,,,,still no sound,,,,,,,,,,download of driver detective,,,,,,,updated chipset drivers, and sound( onboard) driver,,,,,,,,,,,,still no sound. My mobo is foxconn 946 7ma series, custom pc, foxconn site gives update of realtek ac97 , have tried that , tho b4 had realtek high def audio, working fine, downloaded that again from driverdetective, still nothing. there are no conflicts or alerts in device manager. ran belarc adviser which shows Intel chipset driver and realtek high def audio,,,, am really perplexed?

Banned

10th Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushwind
, am really perplexed?

Hi and welcome to the forum.............

Have you checked the BIOS to see that onboard sound has not been disabled there....?

10th Jul 2009
Nice comma's

11th Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madxgraphics
Hi and welcome to the forum.............

Have you checked the BIOS to see that onboard sound has not been disabled there....?
yes checked bios,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is set to auto

11th Jul 2009
have you tried uninstalling all drivers for the sound. clean registry entries for those drivers.

reboot into BIOS and the set board to defaults before rebooting into xp to try installing drivers again

11th Jul 2009
triplex...........how please?

Last edited by rushwind; 11th Jul 2009 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: unnershtanding

11th Jul 2009
Hi,

Remove the sound drivers that you have installed from add and remove programmes in control panel. Then reboot the computer and download this programme and install it and tick the box thats Realtek and click clean then reboot the computer.

Then boot back into windows and download these drivers they are the High Definition Audio Codecs. You can download the
Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by guest_9323wk; 11th Jul 2009 at 11:36 AM..

11th Jul 2009
thanks all, I followed the advice of triplex,,,,,,,,,and wizkid, but still had no sound! then had the idea to unplug my speakers,,,,,,,,,realtek was working as it told me 'a jack was unplugged' ( I'd assumed my speakers were working as the power light was on), I rebooted the plugged in speakers again.....hey presto SOUND!,,, SO SIMPLE

Banned

11th Jul 2009
Quote:
SO SIMPLE

That's what my parents said about me.....

Normally the things that are stairing us in the face are usually tthe things that are at fault.....

11th Jul 2009
Quote:
thanks all, I followed the advice of triplex,,,,,,,,,and wizkid, but still had no sound! then had the idea to unplug my speakers,,,,,,,,,realtek was working as it told me 'a jack was unplugged' ( I'd assumed my speakers were working as the power light was on), I rebooted the plugged in speakers again.....hey presto SOUND!,,, SO SIMPLE

Glad to hear all is well now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: