news.annexcafe.com

someone

      13th Sep 2010
I know this is not the right forum for this post, but the public MS
newsgroups are gone. I accessed the news.annexcafe.com, but when it came
time to download forums, I needed my username and password that my ISP
(Comcast) provided. I entered that unsuccessfully, so I called Comcast for
verification that I got it right. They asked me to change my password. I
did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the user name and password
for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since I have WLM, but still no
luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

occam

      13th Sep 2010
On 13/09/2010 15:52, someone wrote:
> I know this is not the right forum for this post, but the public MS
> newsgroups are gone. I accessed the news.annexcafe.com, but when it
> came time to download forums, I needed my username and password that my
> ISP (Comcast) provided. I entered that unsuccessfully, so I called
> Comcast for verification that I got it right. They asked me to change
> my password. I did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the
> user name and password for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since
> I have WLM, but still no luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

Instead of news.annexcafe.com, try also

news.eternal-september.org

Canadian Boy

      13th Sep 2010
"someone" wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...

I know this is not the right forum for this post, but the public MS
newsgroups are gone. I accessed the news.annexcafe.com, but when it came
time to download forums, I needed my username and password that my ISP
(Comcast) provided. I entered that unsuccessfully, so I called Comcast for
verification that I got it right. They asked me to change my password. I
did so, but still no luck. Apparently it is not the user name and password
for Comcast. I tried the one for Hotmail, since I have WLM, but still no
luck. I wonder if anyone here can help. Thanks.

Hi,

You have to sign up at Annex café.
Here's all the info required:

About the Annex Café
http://www.annexcafe.com/about.cfm
- fyi..see the notes about why there is an Annex Café

Annex Café Member Signup
http://annexcafe.com/accounts/signup.cfm

Annex Café Terms of Service
http://annexcafe.com/tos.cfm

Here’s the link to instructions for setting up WLM for newsgroups:
http://www.annexcafe.com/windowslivemail.cfm

Newsgroup Server
news.annexcafe.com

Newsgroup Link

--
C.B.

someone

      13th Sep 2010
Thanks. I should have realized I had to sign up at Annex café, but what
confused me is that some instructions I read said I had to use the user name
and password my internet provider provided. I wish I hadn't changed my
Comcast stuff, but I can change that back.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...