New way to list filels - Can it be reverted to classic way?

churin

      4th Jun 2007
I have saved two files with docx extension in a folder. They are
AFile.docx and SFile.docx and are listed in Windows Explorer display as
follows:

A-H(1)----------------------------------------
AFile.docx
Q-Z91)----------------------------------------
SFile.docx

Is there a way to suppress A-H(1)------- and Q-Z(1)--------- ?

Tom Allen

      4th Jun 2007

"churin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have saved two files with docx extension in a folder. They are
>AFile.docx and SFile.docx and are listed in Windows Explorer display as
>follows:
>
> A-H(1)----------------------------------------
> AFile.docx
> Q-Z91)----------------------------------------
> SFile.docx
>
> Is there a way to suppress A-H(1)------- and Q-Z(1)--------- ?

View - Group by - none
or any other to your wish.

Tom

Max

      4th Jun 2007
Right click inside the folder.
Choose "Sort by=>Name" (you can also choose Ascending or Descending there)

This automatically disables "Group by=>Name" which causes what you don't
like.

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----

Tom Allen wrote:
> "churin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have saved two files with docx extension in a folder. They are
>> AFile.docx and SFile.docx and are listed in Windows Explorer display as
>> follows:

>> AFile.docx
>> SFile.docx
>>
>> Is there a way to suppress A-H(1)------- and Q-Z(1)--------- ?