New interesting antimalware program

robinb

      18th Nov 2008
in my trials I found an interesting called malwarebytes (free version)
at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
I tested it and ran it on 7 computers (xp and vista).
Works fine. It seems to get rid of windowsxp2009 and also uses very little
resources.
I have it as a backup to Superantispyware Pro (you can never have enough
antispyware programs)
It does manual updates and you run it manually.
I joined their forum to see what it was all about before I downloaded and
installed it
again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.

robin

Kayman

      19th Nov 2008
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:51:55 -0500, robinb wrote:

> in my trials I found an interesting called malwarebytes (free version)
> at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
> I tested it and ran it on 7 computers (xp and vista).
> Works fine. It seems to get rid of windowsxp2009 and also uses very little
> resources.
> I have it as a backup to Superantispyware Pro (you can never have enough
> antispyware programs)
> It does manual updates and you run it manually.
> I joined their forum to see what it was all about before I downloaded and
> installed it
> again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.
>
> robin

It ain't new but it's the best program in its category currently available

Direct:

Pat Willener

      19th Nov 2008
I installed and ran it last week, and I was pretty impressed.
However, it found a false positive (in a program that I have used for
more than 10 years), and there is a link to report false positives. But
when it shows the website, there is no place to report false positives.

robinb wrote:
> in my trials I found an interesting called malwarebytes (free version)
> at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
> I tested it and ran it on 7 computers (xp and vista).
> Works fine. It seems to get rid of windowsxp2009 and also uses very little
> resources.
> I have it as a backup to Superantispyware Pro (you can never have enough
> antispyware programs)
> It does manual updates and you run it manually.
> I joined their forum to see what it was all about before I downloaded and
> installed it
> again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.
>
> robin

Kayman

      19th Nov 2008
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:11:35 +0900, Pat Willener wrote:

> I installed and ran it last week, and I was pretty impressed.
> However, it found a false positive (in a program that I have used for
> more than 10 years), and there is a link to report false positives. But
> when it shows the website, there is no place to report false positives.

Go to:
'More Tools' tab and click 'Report False Positive'
--or--
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

Good luck

Engel

      19th Nov 2008
Hello Pat,

Here is the forum for False Positives
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?s=0974269bdb3a46a442ff8ead7119a934&showforum=42>

I hope you can use it.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Pat Willener" wrote:

> I installed and ran it last week, and I was pretty impressed.
> However, it found a false positive (in a program that I have used for
> more than 10 years), and there is a link to report false positives. But
> when it shows the website, there is no place to report false positives.
>
> robinb wrote:
> > in my trials I found an interesting called malwarebytes (free version)
> > at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
> > I tested it and ran it on 7 computers (xp and vista).
> > Works fine. It seems to get rid of windowsxp2009 and also uses very little
> > resources.
> > I have it as a backup to Superantispyware Pro (you can never have enough
> > antispyware programs)
> > It does manual updates and you run it manually.
> > I joined their forum to see what it was all about before I downloaded and
> > installed it
> > again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.
> >
> > robin

Alan

      19th Nov 2008
I've been using it since August or so in all the PC's that I maintain for my
family and friends. It found stuff on my sister's machine that none of the
others -- WD, SAS, Spybot S&D -- did and cleaned it.

Alan

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...