New Hard Drive

Rob

      2nd Mar 2004
I have installed an 80G hard drive to my system and would
like to make it my home drive with XP booting from there.
I cannot seem to transfer XP from the 4G drive to the
bigger. How would I do this? I would ultimately like to
lose the 4g drive or just make it a back up.

Alvin Brown

      2nd Mar 2004
Hello

Well you can use Norton's Ghost 2003 software to copy
the entire contents of the drive over.

Or you can install the new drive alone, install XP
and then use the 4gig drive as a slave drive

Alvin

Rob wrote:

> I have installed an 80G hard drive to my system and would
> like to make it my home drive with XP booting from there.
> I cannot seem to transfer XP from the 4G drive to the
> bigger. How would I do this? I would ultimately like to
> lose the 4g drive or just make it a back up.

Jim Macklin

      2nd Mar 2004
Hard drive mfg'rs have software to clone the old drive to
the new, Look on their web sites for tools.

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)12.va.us> wrote in message
news:564e01c4005e$c8cb77c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I have installed an 80G hard drive to my system and would
| like to make it my home drive with XP booting from there.
| I cannot seem to transfer XP from the 4G drive to the
| bigger. How would I do this? I would ultimately like to
| lose the 4g drive or just make it a back up.

dune10191

      2nd Mar 2004

>Or you can install the new drive alone, install XP
>and then use the 4gig drive as a slave drive

I would definately go this way. You get a clean install
and it makes life a lot easier. And yes if you use the 4
gig as the slave all your files will be available. You
should also be able to copy over settings from outlook
express