New DVD drive cannot read files

LMO

      23rd Jun 2006
Hello all. I recently installed a new DVD+/-RW, DL drive to replace a
similar drive that died. When I put a disk written with the previous drive,
about a third of the files cannot be read. Is there some adjustment I can
make, or something I can do to retireve these files (video) and read them on
the new drive?
Thanks!

--
LMO
"O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=

      23rd Jun 2006
Is this a multi-session DVD or CD ?? Are all the files unable to be read on
one of the sessions ?? If so, you may need to recover the files using a
program such as ISOBuster.

MD

"LMO" wrote:

> Hello all. I recently installed a new DVD+/-RW, DL drive to replace a
> similar drive that died. When I put a disk written with the previous drive,
> about a third of the files cannot be read. Is there some adjustment I can
> make, or something I can do to retireve these files (video) and read them on
> the new drive?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> LMO
> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
> To see oursels as others see us."

Harry Ohrn

      23rd Jun 2006
Is this just happening with one specific disk?
Was the disk created on the old drive that was "dying"?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"LMO" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all. I recently installed a new DVD+/-RW, DL drive to replace a
> similar drive that died. When I put a disk written with the previous
> drive, about a third of the files cannot be read. Is there some adjustment
> I can make, or something I can do to retireve these files (video) and read
> them on the new drive?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> LMO
> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
> To see oursels as others see us."

LMO

      24th Jun 2006
It happens on several back-up DVDs made with this drive, but not just when
it was dying. Over many DVDs, some files will read fine, some will error out
(saying to clean disk or bad file). On the same DVD there will be some files
that read fine and some that don't.
So, I take it not much can be done.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...