network printer does not print when a dial-up is used

Dmitry Kopnichev

      6th Oct 2005
Hello
My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by dial-up.
My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

=?Utf-8?B?UyBLYWxpeWFu?=

      6th Oct 2005
Hi

There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for the
Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver

S.Kaliyan
Microsoft MVP
Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:

> Hello
> My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by dial-up.
> My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
> dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

Dmitry Kopnichev

      6th Oct 2005
There is a yellow exclamation mark at OMCI in Drivers of Non-Plug and Play
devices only.
"S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> Hi
>
> There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

the
> Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
>
> S.Kaliyan
> Microsoft MVP
> Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
> http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro
>
> "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by

dial-up.
> > My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
> > dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

Dmitry Kopnichev

      6th Oct 2005
Now, there is no a yellow exclamation mark in the Device manager, I deleted
the OMCI.
"S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> Hi
>
> There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

the
> Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
>
> S.Kaliyan
> Microsoft MVP
> Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
> http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro
>
> "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by

dial-up.
> > My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
> > dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

Dmitry Kopnichev

      7th Oct 2005
Hello
My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to ISP.
There are no Resource conflicts now.
"S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> Hi
>
> There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

the
> Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
>
> S.Kaliyan
> Microsoft MVP
> Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
> http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro
>
> "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by

dial-up.
> > My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
> > dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

Bob I

      7th Oct 2005
Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
somewhere.

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> Hello
> My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to ISP.
> There are no Resource conflicts now.
> "S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
>
>>Hi
>>
>>There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

> the
>
>>Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
>>
>>S.Kaliyan
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
>>http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro
>>
>>"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>>

>>>Hello
>>>My network printer does not print when I am connected to an ISP by

> dial-up.
>
>>>My printer starts printing after disconnecting from an ISP, closing the
>>>dial-up connection. How to make my printer print when I'm connected?

Dmitry Kopnichev

      10th Oct 2005
Should the IP addresses be the same?
"Bob I" <(E-Mail Removed)> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
> printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
> somewhere.
>
> Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> > Hello
> > My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to

ISP.
> > There are no Resource conflicts now.
> > "S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в

новостях

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

> > the
> >
> >>Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
> >>
> >>S.Kaliyan
> >>Microsoft MVP
> >>Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
> >>http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro

> > dial-up.

Dmitry Kopnichev

      10th Oct 2005
The IP addresses are given automatically for the dial up and LAN
connections. What could be the problem then?
"Bob I" <(E-Mail Removed)> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
> printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
> somewhere.
>
> Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> > Hello
> > My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to

ISP.
> > There are no Resource conflicts now.
> > "S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в

новостях

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>There is chance of Resource conflict go to Device manager and check for

> > the
> >
> >>Resource Conflict or Try to update the printer Driver
> >>
> >>S.Kaliyan
> >>Microsoft MVP
> >>Http://Spaces.msn.com/members/kaliyans
> >>http://groups.msn.com/bangaloreitpro

> > dial-up.

Bob I

      10th Oct 2005
Are they in the same "subnet". Sounds to me like the dial-up is same
subnet as the lan and so you cause a switching of networks when you dial
up. Since the printer cannot be seen on the "dialup" side, printing
stops, when the subnet the printer is on returns the printer is used.

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> The IP addresses are given automatically for the dial up and LAN
> connections. What could be the problem then?
> "Bob I" <(E-Mail Removed)> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Compare the IP addresses you are using for dial up and what the LAN and
>>printer are using. Sound like you have conflicting settings in there
>>somewhere.
>>
>>Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
>>
>>>Hello
>>>My connection to LAN stops working when my dialup modem is connected to

> ISP.
>
>>>There are no Resource conflicts now.
>>>"S Kaliyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в

> новостях

>>>the

>>>dial-up.

Dmitry Kopnichev

      10th Oct 2005
How to know if they are in the same "subnet"? DNS-server addresses are got
automatically for both the dialup and LAN.

news:Omd%(E-Mail Removed)...