Network, firewall and XP

TomsPC

      12th Apr 2004
I just discovered that I don't have the XP firewall
funcioning on my PC. When I go to Network Connections I
only see Internet Gateway, Network Bridge, and Wizard. I
am able to access the Internet through my NIC card which
is connected to my router which connects to my cable
modem. My other PC is able to connect via our Broadband
wireless connection and has its firewall in effect via
XP . But can't figure how to get my firewall active. I
must have set this up wrong but now don't know how to
correct it. Help!

=?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=

      12th Apr 2004
Turn on Firewall in XP
Open Network Connections
Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:
To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box

Bruce Chambers

      13th Apr 2004
Greetings --

To enable/disable the built-in firewall, Start > Network
Connections > Right-click the connection > Properties > Advanced >
Protect my computer.....

HOW TO Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

news:1b8cd01c42090$4716ea00$(E-Mail Removed)...