James Gao

      8th Sep 2003
Does MSDSS support NetWare 6? If not, how can I migrate
(or Export)user accounts from NetWare 6 to Windows 2000?

Thanks
James

davey

      15th Sep 2003
James,
Yes MSDSS does support netware 6.

"James Gao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:433301c375df$87979180$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does MSDSS support NetWare 6? If not, how can I migrate
> (or Export)user accounts from NetWare 6 to Windows 2000?
>
> Thanks
> James

Mike Crabtree

      15th Sep 2003
In as much as NetWare6 should work as did NW5 and NW4 with respect to what
MSDSS is trying to do - yes it should work.

Ther are a number of good third-party products available for migrations - a
web search should find them.

There is also the option of some form of export of user details (to CSV file)
followed by an import into AD.
Novell has their DIRXML product that will do this - although it's aimed more
at ongoing co-existance than migration.

Mike Crabtree MVP

MS Services for NetWare - http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/sfn/