NetSlayer RAT (flshtray.ocx)

Chris R. Speaker

      25th Jan 2005
Hello everyone,

I have a question about a possible false positive. A while ago I
downloaded and used a freeware ActiveX control call TrayIcon V1.00
(flshtray.ocx). MS antispyware is detecting this as the Netslayer RAT. Does
anyone have any information about this activeX control as regards to it
being a Trojan/spyware file? It seems to be a pretty widely used control so
I assumed it was safe (thankfully I'm no longer using it anyway it but I'd
still like to know). Thanks for any information.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

      27th Jan 2005
Chris,

I would work with that vendor to make sure. If they do not believe they are
installing spyware, then they need to fill out a dispute form located at
http://www.spynet.com/vendors.aspx

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.
>From: "Chris R. Speaker" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: NetSlayer RAT (flshtray.ocx)
>Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:21:12 -0500
>Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures

microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures:627