Netlogon Error in Event Viewer

chad

      18th Jul 2003
The computer USER-KRORI9Y18V tried to connect to the
server \\SERVER using the trust relationship established
by the THF domain. However, the computer lost the correct
security identifier (SID) when the domain was
reconfigured. Reestablish the trust relationship

This is the error I get a few times a day. We had a nt4.0
server and purchased a new one that had WIN2K. We kept
the name of the domain the same and removed the old server
completely. I get the above error a few time a day..it
doesn't appear to cause any problems with the users
computers that are named in the error, but I would like to
get rid of it. How do I reestablish the trust
relationship?

Thanks

Steven L Umbach

      18th Jul 2003
Make sure you run dcdiag on the domain controller and netdiag on some
of the clients - they may be logging in with cached credentials [set command
will tell you]. Anyhow see KB link on using netmon command. --- Steve MVP

http://support.microsoft.com/default...265706&gssnb=1

"chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:053901c34d7b$8a491f70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The computer USER-KRORI9Y18V tried to connect to the
> server \\SERVER using the trust relationship established
> by the THF domain. However, the computer lost the correct
> security identifier (SID) when the domain was
> reconfigured. Reestablish the trust relationship
>

> This is the error I get a few times a day. We had a nt4.0
> server and purchased a new one that had WIN2K. We kept
> the name of the domain the same and removed the old server
> completely. I get the above error a few time a day..it
> doesn't appear to cause any problems with the users
> computers that are named in the error, but I would like to
> get rid of it. How do I reestablish the trust
> relationship?
>
> Thanks

chad

      20th Jul 2003
Didn't need to. The domain name was the same as the old
server.

Marina Roos

      21st Jul 2003
You'll still need to. The SID has changed.

Marina

"chad" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:02ae01c34ee2$955f44d0$(E-Mail Removed)...