PC Review

NETGEAR R6300 Wireless Router 802.11ac

Webmistress

16th Oct 2012
Hardware Heaven have reviewed the NETGEAR R6300 Wireless Router 802.11ac - here's a snippet:

Quote:
"About a decade ago it was reasonably normal for consumers to have one, maybe two PC per household. Often they would share the same internet connection and often the same wiring with more complex setup's really being for advanced users. Since then as our devices have advanced at an incredible rate it isn't uncommon to find each member of a family having a laptop, smartphone, tablet and maybe even a desktop PC. Add to that other internet connected devices from consoles to TVs and even cameras and our networking needs have clearly changed.

To manage these needs we require a router that can handle the demands of modern connectivity and recently we took a look at one of the most advanced Wireless-N devices around, NETGEARs N900 kit. There is a new wireless standard on the way though, promising us more range and more speed, Wireless-AC (not to be confused with powerline networks) and unsurprisingly NETGEAR are at the cutting edge of that market too.

With a completely new styling and specifications in excess of Wireless-N the new NETGEAR R6300 is one of the most advanced routers available. Today we review a pair of them giving us Wireless-AC (802.11ac) connectivity at either end of the transmission."
You can read their full article here.

"Other girl's luxuries are my necessities, so buddy, beware!"

@120Hz

16th Oct 2012
Now that is a rather nice looking bit of kit.... They've taken a lesson or two from Asus routers me thinks...

I've always liked the Asus routers, the RT-N56/N66's.

That Netgears pricey though...

Gigabyte Z87X-OC | i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair H80i | 16Gb TeamGroup Vulcan Orange
EVGA 780 FTW | Creative X-FI Titanium HD | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB's of Storage
Corsair HX850 | Logitech G25 | Ducky Shine III | Deathadder 2013 | Wireless 360 Pad
Corsair Carbide 300R | BenQ XL2420T | Acoustic Energy Aego M | Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: