netevent.dll

Cheryl

      18th Oct 2004
Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheryl

Gerry Cornell

      18th Oct 2004
Cheryl

Please post copies of the actual reports from Event Viewer.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
should double click
for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

In Event Viewer there is no facility to print Error Reports. A
workaround is copy and
paste the Error Report into an email, send it to yourself and print off
the copy in your
Inbox or your Sent Items folder.

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cheryl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an
event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers
failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look
for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheryl

Cheryl

      18th Oct 2004
Gerry

Here is a copy of the actual evetns from the Event Viewer. I guess I was
wrong regarding the netevent.dll.

Below are the copies:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7026

Date: 10/18/2004

Time: 6:48:43 AM

User: N/A

Computer: COMPUTER1

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

vobiw

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7000

Date: 10/18/2004

Time: 6:48:41 AM

User: N/A

Computer: COMPUTER1

The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:

I hope this information is useful and thank you again for the input.

"Gerry Cornell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheryl
>
> Please post copies of the actual reports from Event Viewer.
>
> Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
> discrepancies can
> make it harder to search for information about the error message.
>
> You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
> Event Viewer.
> When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event ID,
> Source
> and Description are important.
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp
>
> Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should
> double click
> for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
> (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)
>
> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
> click on the
> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
> resembling two
> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
> message
> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
> info from the
> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make sure
> this is
> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
>
> In Event Viewer there is no facility to print Error Reports. A workaround
> is copy and
> paste the Error Report into an email, send it to yourself and print off
> the copy in your
> Inbox or your Sent Items folder.
>

> ~~~~~~
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "Cheryl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an
> event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers
> failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look for
> the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheryl

Gerry Cornell

      18th Oct 2004
Cheryl

Event ID: 7026: Does the content of this message from Google ring any
bells?
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...g_en%26hl%3Den

Event ID: 7000: The mrtRate service would seem to indicate a problem
with Intuit Quicken. Do you have Quicken installed. The solution may be
to uninstall and reinstall Quicken?

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> [...]

>> off the copy in your
>> Inbox or your Sent Items folder.
>>

>> ~~~~~~
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> FCA
>>
>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> "Cheryl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have
>> an event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start
>> drivers failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but
>> when I look for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be

Cheryl

      19th Oct 2004
Gerry,

I did have Pinnacle installed and I uninstalled it. I also have Quicken
installed that I will uninstall and reinstall.

I just want to say thank you very much for all of your help.

Cheryl

> [...]
>>> the copy in your
>>> Inbox or your Sent Items folder.
>>>

>>> ~~~~~~
>>>

>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> FCA
>>>
>>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>>
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>

>>> "Cheryl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an
>>> event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers
>>> failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look
>>> for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly

=?Utf-8?B?SmltRA==?=

      26th Oct 2004

"Cheryl" wrote:

> Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated

=?Utf-8?B?SmltRA==?=

      26th Oct 2004
I have had the same problem on two different XP computers, an event 7000
citing failure to start service Usc8fud because "netevent.dll" not found.
However, it is in system32 OK but with the permissions grayed out, so it
won't respond. I have been told, but do not know for sure, that this is a
result of SP2 bug. I have no idea of how to fix it and wish someone from MS
would say.

"Cheryl" wrote:

> Every time I boot up my computer and go to the event viewed, I have an event ID 7027 and 7000, stating that boot start or system start drivers failed to load. Both of these point to netevent.dll, but when I look for the file in wndows, it is there. Any help would be greatly appreciated

=?Utf-8?B?SmltRA==?=

      26th Oct 2004
I have similar problems with netevent.dll. Have warning that Event 7000
service Usc8fud failed to load because cannot find netevent.dll. Netevent.dll
is correctly located in system32 but on examination, all the checked
permissions are grayed (greyed) out. I think that keeps the file from
whole problem is a MS bug in SP2. Same thing here on two XP professional
computers.

What do you think?