net view error 58

Clayton

      1st Nov 2009
For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in Networks,
I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone suggested to go to
cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system error 58 has occurred" the
specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

Thanks

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      1st Nov 2009
Hi
Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
Network and its Shares.
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u3S40%(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system error
> 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
> operation.
>
> Thanks

Clayton

      2nd Nov 2009
Thanks, I can see the NAS with this utility but still can not see it in
Networks, how do I fix this?

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
> Network and its Shares.
> http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u3S40%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
>> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
>> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system
>> error 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
>> operation.
>>
>> Thanks

Clayton

      2nd Nov 2009

It seems to be showing now, I don't know why the delay

cheers

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, I can see the NAS with this utility but still can not see it in
> Networks, how do I fix this?
>

> "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Download this free util. run it. You would see every thing that is on the
>> Network and its Shares.
>> http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:u3S40%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> For some reason I am unable to see the network icon for my NAS in
>>> Networks, I can see other computers and can access them ok, someone
>>> suggested to go to cmd and type net view but when I do I get "system
>>> error 58 has occurred" the specified server cannot perform the requested
>>> operation.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Clayton

      2nd Nov 2009