.net component from earlier framework version

bpsdgnews

      14th May 2011
In vb.net 2010 I get this error when I want to restart working on an
older project. It make suse of a third party component, which seems to
cause this:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for
details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version
'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime
without additional configuration information.

What can I do about it?

Cor

      18th May 2011
Set it to framework 2.0 that can be done, not the opposite.

Be aware that framework 4 is not a complementary one like 3.5 so it does not
contains framework 2.0

Success

Cor

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On 18 mei, 18:35, "Cor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Set it to framework 2.0 that can be done, not the opposite.

Thanks for your answer Cor. But I have no clue on how to do that.

Can you explain a little further please?

bpsdgnews

      18th May 2011
On 18 mei, 21:27, bpsdgnews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18 mei, 18:35, "Cor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Set it to framework 2.0 that can be done, not the opposite.

> Thanks for your answer Cor. But I have no clue on how to do that.
>
> Can you explain a little further please?

Okay, nevermind. Found it at project properties\compile\advanced
compile options...\target framework