I need to use a tick symbol - where can I find one in Word?

rquigleysmith

      15th Mar 2008
I am using Windows Vista, Microsoft Word 2007. I need to use a tick symbol
but cannot find one in either the symbols or character map.

Does anyone know where I can find a tick symbol to insert into my document?

Many thanks

Peter A

      15th Mar 2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I am using Windows Vista, Microsoft Word 2007. I need to use a tick symbol
> but cannot find one in either the symbols or character map.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find a tick symbol to insert into my document?
>
> Many thanks

Look in the Wingdings font in the Insert Symbol dialog box - you'll find
one (I assume you mean a check mark).

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      15th Mar 2008
What we USians call a "check mark" can be found at character 252 in the
Wingdings font and at character 80 in Wingdings 2, along with various
checked "ballot boxes." In Word 2007, click on Symbol on the Insert tab and
choose More Symbols..., which opens the familiar Symbol dialog. Then choose
the Wingdings or Wingdings 2 font.

Note the panel of "Recently used symbols" at the bottom of the Symbol
dialog. When you first install Word 2007 (at least when it is not an
upgrade), this panel will be populated by what Microsoft presumably thinks
are useful symbols. As you add your own by selecting symbols in the Symbol
dialog, they will replace Microsoft's default choices. This is important
because these are also the symbols shown on the palette when you click
Symbol on the Insert tab. Once you've inserted a check (tick) mark, you'll
see that it has been added to the palette.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"rquigleysmith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using Windows Vista, Microsoft Word 2007. I need to use a tick symbol
> but cannot find one in either the symbols or character map.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find a tick symbol to insert into my
> document?
>
> Many thanks

Samanco

      1st Aug 2008
The apprriate Characters are:
windings 2, Uppercase P for a standard tick, Uppercase R for a boxed tick
try Webdings lowercase r for a plain X and Uppercase T for a boxed X

I have a spreadsheet with all the various chharacter sets for standard
fonts, please download from:>

http://www.samncopr.co.uk/tools/fontsets