Need marco to start "Windows Zero Configuration" service

Robert

      20th Oct 2009
I need software to make a macro that will do the following: (just perform a
series of mouse clicks...)
1. Start the Windows Zero Configuration service
2. Open "View Available Wireless Networks" -> select "Change advanced
settings" -> select "Wireless Networks" tab -> select "Use windows to
configure my wireless network settings"

I searched (Google) for macro creation software, and only could find
AutoHotKey. I followed the instructions of the page suggesting it - Record
-> do steps -> Stop -> convert marco to .exe -> run -- it all works until I
try to run it, it puts an "H" in the bottom corner of the screen by the
clock, and just sits there - right clicking gives you the option to stop the
script, resume, or exit. I immediately uninstalled the software, as it
doesn't work. This should be really simple...

(I've tried to prevent the wi-fi card software from taking over on start up
- I am not interested in any help fixing that - so don't bother reply to that
- I just want a macro to do the key steps to fix it, that's on my desktop so
I can double click it when I need it.)

Thanks for any help.

Anteaus

      21st Oct 2009

You might have more success with AutoIt, which is a programming language in
its own right as well as being able to send control-messages to processes.

http://autoitscript.com

"Robert" wrote:

> I need software to make a macro that will do the following: (just perform a
> series of mouse clicks...)
> 1. Start the Windows Zero Configuration service
> 2. Open "View Available Wireless Networks" -> select "Change advanced
> settings" -> select "Wireless Networks" tab -> select "Use windows to
> configure my wireless network settings"
>
> I searched (Google) for macro creation software, and only could find
> AutoHotKey. I followed the instructions of the page suggesting it - Record
> -> do steps -> Stop -> convert marco to .exe -> run -- it all works until I
> try to run it, it puts an "H" in the bottom corner of the screen by the
> clock, and just sits there - right clicking gives you the option to stop the
> script, resume, or exit. I immediately uninstalled the software, as it
> doesn't work. This should be really simple...
>
> (I've tried to prevent the wi-fi card software from taking over on start up
> - I am not interested in any help fixing that - so don't bother reply to that
> - I just want a macro to do the key steps to fix it, that's on my desktop so
> I can double click it when I need it.)
>
> Thanks for any help.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      22nd Oct 2009
Hi
It does not matter whether you start the Wireless Service if the "wi-fi
card software" runs in the back ground you would not have a functional
Wireless connection.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need software to make a macro that will do the following: (just perform a
> series of mouse clicks...)
> 1. Start the Windows Zero Configuration service
> 2. Open "View Available Wireless Networks" -> select "Change advanced
> settings" -> select "Wireless Networks" tab -> select "Use windows
> configure my wireless network settings"
>
> I searched (Google) for macro creation software, and only could find
> AutoHotKey. I followed the instructions of the page suggesting it -
> Record
> -> do steps -> Stop -> convert marco to .exe -> run -- it all works until
> try to run it, it puts an "H" in the bottom corner of the screen by the
> clock, and just sits there - right clicking gives you the option to stop
> the
> script, resume, or exit. I immediately uninstalled the software, as it
> doesn't work. This should be really simple...
>
> (I've tried to prevent the wi-fi card software from taking over on start
> up
> - I am not interested in any help fixing that - so don't bother reply to
> that
> - I just want a macro to do the key steps to fix it, that's on my desktop
> so
> I can double click it when I need it.)
>
> Thanks for any help.

Robert Hall

      22nd Oct 2009
The procedure I described works until the computer is rebooted. How
do I make a macro to do the procedure (record a few mouse clicks)?

On Oct 21, 9:09*pm, "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi
> It does not matter whether you start the Wireless Service if the *"wi-fi
> card software" *runs in the back ground you would not have a functional
> Wireless connection.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> "Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I need software to make a macro that will do the following: (just perform a
> > series of mouse clicks...)
> > * 1. Start the Windows Zero Configuration service
> > * 2. Open "View Available Wireless Networks" -> select "Change advanced
> > * * * *settings" -> select "Wireless Networks" tab -> select "Use windows
> > * * * *configure my wireless network settings"

> > * *I searched (Google) for macro creation software, and only could find
> > AutoHotKey. *I followed the instructions of the page suggesting it -
> > Record
> > -> do steps -> Stop -> convert marco to .exe -> run -- *it all works until
> > try to run it, it puts an "H" in the bottom corner of the screen by the
> > clock, and just sits there - right clicking gives you the option to stop
> > the
> > script, resume, or exit. *I immediately uninstalled the software, as it
> > doesn't work. *This should be really simple...

> > (I've tried to prevent the wi-fi card software from taking over on start
> > up
> > - I am not interested in any help fixing that - so don't bother reply to
> > that
> > - I just want a macro to do the key steps to fix it, that's on my desktop
> > so
> > I can double click it when I need it.)

> > Thanks for any help.

Robert Hall

      22nd Oct 2009
On Oct 20, 7:01*pm, Anteaus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You might have more success with AutoIt, which is a programming language in
> its own right as well as being able to send control-messages to processes..
>
> http://autoitscript.com
>
> "Robert" wrote:
> > I need software to make a macro that will do the following: (just perform a
> > series of mouse clicks...)
> > * *1. Start the Windows Zero Configuration service
> > * *2. Open "View Available Wireless Networks" -> select "Change advanced
> > * * * * settings" -> select "Wireless Networks" tab -> select "Use windows to
> > * * * * configure my wireless network settings"

> > * * I searched (Google) for macro creation software, and only couldfind
> > AutoHotKey. *I followed the instructions of the page suggesting it - Record
> > -> do steps -> Stop -> convert marco to .exe -> run -- *it all works until I
> > try to run it, it puts an "H" in the bottom corner of the screen by the
> > clock, and just sits there - right clicking gives you the option to stop the
> > script, resume, or exit. *I immediately uninstalled the software, as it
> > doesn't work. *This should be really simple...

> > (I've tried to prevent the wi-fi card software from taking over on start up
> > - I am not interested in any help fixing that - so don't bother reply to that
> > - I just want a macro to do the key steps to fix it, that's on my desktop so
> > I can double click it when I need it.)

> > Thanks for any help.

Antivir reports AutoIt is a virus/trojan. (Setacl.exe)
I just downloaded AutoIt Script Editor addition to the main program -
from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml
(I downloaded the addition to the script editor to try to get the
program to like like an example I found of using it.)

This may be a false positive. I submitted it to Antivir for
analysis.

Anyway, this software is much more complicated than it needs to be. I
just want to record a couple mouse clicks in a macro. There should be
SIMPLE software to do that.