Need folder size utility- what is taking up so much space?

Bikini Browser

      19th Feb 2009
Hi yall!

I'm looking for a free utility that will show me at a quick glance which
folders are taking up most of the room on my hard drive.

I have a 146gb hard drive almost full and I can't tell for the life of me
what is taking up so much space.

Can anyone recommend something that works for both Vista and XP?

Please advise

Bikini Browser

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

      19th Feb 2009
WinDirStat:
http://windirstat.info/
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ea...ng-windirstat/

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Bikini Browser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi yall!
>
> I'm looking for a free utility that will show me at a quick glance which
> folders are taking up most of the room on my hard drive.
>
> I have a 146gb hard drive almost full and I can't tell for the life of me
> what is taking up so much space.
>
> Can anyone recommend something that works for both Vista and XP?
>
> Please advise
>
> Bikini Browser

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

      23rd Feb 2009
From https://www.perfectdisklive.com/secu...p/Glossary.htm

Excluded Files - PerfectDisk treats any space that cannot be accessed as
excluded. The reason a file is excluded is listed on the Excluded File tab
of the Statistics Notebook. The possible reasons are:

a.. Metadata File - operating system files including the MFT.

b.. Accessed Denied - the file is opened for exclusive access by another
process such as the Pagefile or Hibernate file.

c.. Excluded - the file has been manually excluded by the user. This is
accomplished by excluding a file/folder in the Drive Properties Notebook,
Excluded Files tab.

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog