Natural multimedia keyboard special keys do not work

Frank Samuel

      20th Dec 2005
Hi,
I'm using a Natural multimedia keyboard via PS/2->USB adapter on Windows XP
machine.
I installed the IntelliType software (V 2.2 was delivered and also the
latest V 5.3) but I do not get the special keys to work (even suitable
applications like IE 6 / Media Player 10 / Office 2003 are installed and the
default applications).
The only key which somehow works is the "Standby" key.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      20th Dec 2005
Does it work correctly if you connect it via PS/2?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies, Printing & Imaging

"Frank Samuel" <FSamuel_nospam@misag_remove_spam.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I'm using a Natural multimedia keyboard via PS/2->USB adapter on Windows
> XP machine.
> I installed the IntelliType software (V 2.2 was delivered and also the
> latest V 5.3) but I do not get the special keys to work (even suitable
> applications like IE 6 / Media Player 10 / Office 2003 are installed and
> the default applications).
> The only key which somehow works is the "Standby" key.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Frank Samuel

      21st Dec 2005
Hi Cari,
thanks for your reply.
Unfontunately my laptop has no PS/2 port, so I can't tell you.

Frank
"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does it work correctly if you connect it via PS/2?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies, Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Frank Samuel" <FSamuel_nospam@misag_remove_spam.com> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I'm using a Natural multimedia keyboard via PS/2->USB adapter on Windows
>> XP machine.
>> I installed the IntelliType software (V 2.2 was delivered and also the
>> latest V 5.3) but I do not get the special keys to work (even suitable
>> applications like IE 6 / Media Player 10 / Office 2003 are installed and
>> the default applications).
>> The only key which somehow works is the "Standby" key.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Frank

Frank Samuel

      21st Dec 2005
These are some results from the SPY++ on the Desktop, which has the focus.

When I press "My Documents" I get no messages.

When I press "My Pictures" I get these messages:
P WM_KEYDOWN nVirtKey:VK_F11 cRepeat:1 ScanCode:57 fExtended:0 fAltDown:0
fRepeat:0 fUp:0
P WM_KEYUP nVirtKey:VK_F11 cRepeat:1 ScanCode:57 fExtended:0 fAltDown:0
fRepeat:1 fUp:1
It's strange that I do not get a keydown and keyup when I press a key, the
keyup's are sometimes delayed until I press the same key a second time.

When I press "Sound Off" I get these messages:
P WM_KEYDOWN nVirtKey:VK_ESCAPE cRepeat:1 ScanCode:01 fExtended:0 fAltDown:0
fRepeat:0 fUp:0
P WM_CHAR chCharCode:'001B'(27) cRepeat:1 ScanCode:01 fExtended:0 fAltDown:0
fRepeat:0 fUp:0
P WM_KEYUP nVirtKey:VK_ESCAPE cRepeat:1 ScanCode:01 fExtended:0 fAltDown:0
fRepeat:1 fUp:1

When I press "Standby" (which works) I get no key messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank