Name Animation Objects - PPT 2007

RonH

      7th Jan 2010
PPT 2007 generates names for customized animations that are comprized of
multiple elements or items (e.g., Group1, Group2, Text1, Text2, etc.)

Is there a way to "rename" these elements or must they keep the name
assigned by PowerPoint.? Such a feature would make it much easier to modify
or update PPT presentations since the names could then be made more appicable
to the object(s).

Thanx in advance for your assistance.

John Wilson

      7th Jan 2010
You can alter the name of the group in the Selection & Visibilty pane.

Home Tab > Editing > Select > Selection pane

The changed name will then show in animations
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

"RonH" wrote:

> PPT 2007 generates names for customized animations that are comprized of
> multiple elements or items (e.g., Group1, Group2, Text1, Text2, etc.)
>
> Is there a way to "rename" these elements or must they keep the name
> assigned by PowerPoint.? Such a feature would make it much easier to modify
> or update PPT presentations since the names could then be made more appicable
> to the object(s).
>
> Thanx in advance for your assistance.

RonH

      8th Jan 2010
Thank, John.

I must be doing something wrong. I followed your sugestion. I got to the
point where the selection pane highlighted the item (given a name "Group "44"
by PowerPoint). I wanted to call this item "Arrow 15". If I tried to change
the name or assign a new name it merely "hid" the item.

Can I really name an object or item in PowerPoint Animations when PowerPoint
has assigned an arbitrary name to it? Or is this a name that cannot be
accessed by anhyone but the PowerPoint system?