PC Review

My Skyrim Experience...

4th Dec 2011
Some people have said they do prefer playing it with the Xbox controller, so it probably just comes down to what you're best adapted to. Personally I don't think I could use an Xbox controller for anything other than driving games, but that's jus me

Keep On Crunchin!

ZemaTalon
WildMacaw.com

sugar 'n spikes

4th Dec 2011
Welp, I'd say the majority of games are better (and oddly, usually cheaper) on PC but hey, you like Xbox go for it.

Look, put simply, Skyrim is a superb game. End of, really.

Yes, I've tried the new Batman, glad I didn't pay for it, lol (was free with Nvidia card).

That's not to detract from it's goodness, it has really good graphics and it's entertaining.

BUT. It's yet another console interactive movie, which the suppliers of console games seem to think the kiddies love. maybe they're right but I prefer a gaming experience to a media experience, for that I watch DVD's and Youtube.

As I mentioned elsewhere here, do not pay more than twenty quid for this game, that's about it's correct price imo

I do stress this is purely my opinion, I can actually see people being totally blown away by this game.

Have spent my gaming this evening getting annoyed at Dead Island (I hate auto-saves and going back and having to play several minutes previously played game over and over again) and thoroughly enjoying Sonic Generations. With this Sonic game I think they've got difficulty and gameplay just right. Gameplay is good enough to make you want to try again, even though I've failed some levels several times I eventually get through.

Right now I think I'll have me's a little Skyrim

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

5th Dec 2011
Quote:
With The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim hitting its three week anniversary, Bethesda is thinking towards the future and filling us in on some of the things they have in store. Right now they are working on a few key things, read on for details.Creation Kit — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download for free the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…
Steam Workshop – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community. Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.
More info http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63...ans-For-Skyrim

Keep On Crunchin!

ZemaTalon
WildMacaw.com

5th Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain zed View Post
I might get skyrim on xbox......is it any good ?
As someone whose computer could not run Skyrim, I bought it on xbox.

From experience, the loading times are good. It only loads when you enter a city or a building, it is very good considering the scale of the game. It doesn't load at all in the open world.

It is a cracking game - go and buy it! Now!

I'm a sneaky sneaky Khajit, up to level 26 now, 71 sneaking, 71 smithing, 50 lockpicking, 40 pickpocketing, 50 light armour, 45 archery.

I haven't even started a the main storyline yet! Think I'm going to go Imperial, and feel its about time I started the main thrust of the game after about a million hours of doing other things.

Thieves Guild quests are fun. Whole game is fantastic.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.66ghz | Zalman CNPS9500 | Asus A8N-SLi Premium | Asus GeForce GTX 275 | Corsair TX 650w PSU | 4 x 512mb Crucial Ballistix | 2 x 250gb Hitatchi Deskstar T7K250 | Creative X-Fi Gamer | Sony Floppy Drive | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream VA3000BWA | Samsung SyncMaster 930BF 19" | Saitek Eclipse Keyboard | Logitech MX518 |

6th Dec 2011
I bought Skyrim today......along with Halo Anniversary combat evolved, lol.

In order to be old and wise, first you really have to be young and stupid.....I'm worrying about the wise bit....really i am.

Flickr

Zzzzz

16th Dec 2011
Finished Halo last night. Spent six hours today on Skyrim today. Not sure about rpg's yet.

In order to be old and wise, first you really have to be young and stupid.....I'm worrying about the wise bit....really i am.

Flickr

Zzzzz

sugar 'n spikes

16th Dec 2011
Well, I suppose rpg's are something you either like or don't like. My favourite games are fps's, no contest. Then I bought Oblivion and was hooked. I've tried a few other rpg's but nothing really comes close to the Elder Scrolls series.

From the same studio Fallout 3 was good but Fallout New Vegas was crap (imo).

The Witcher 1 (the remade version) is also good. I have The Witcher 2 as well, played a little of it, looks ok, but want to finish Witcher 1 first before I seriously get into it.

Not much chance of that though, with Skyrim on my hard drive.

I honestly think Skyrim may become my favourite game of all time. Contenders for that title, for me, previously were: Return To Castle Wolfenstein; Quake 1 and Half Life 1, just to give a little perspective.

PS: Regarding my previously posted comments about Batman Arkham City, have played some more and it's got better, a lot better. Very enjoyable so far, just waiting for first boss level to really cheese me off if it's anything like it's predecessor, lol

We shall see

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

19th Dec 2011
Been playing for 26 hours so far. Very good too. Would have made it further only i got an arrow in the knee...............it's very different to what i normally play.

Flickr

Zzzzz

20th Dec 2011
Hi Folks.....i have two questions for the skyrim players. !st, do i need to keep all the books i find ? I always seem to be unable to carry everything i find. Also has any one read all these books ?

Flickr

Zzzzz

sugar 'n spikes

20th Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain zed View Post
Hi Folks.....i have two questions for the skyrim players. !st, do i need to keep all the books i find ? I always seem to be unable to carry everything i find. Also has any one read all these books ?
No, you don't need to keep them. Very few contain anything useful but they are quite interesting to read, if you like that sort of thing. I started to read a few but don't bother now.

Eventually you will find places to store all your stuff, you can buy a house where you can store stuff, cheapest one is in Whiterun for 5000 gold. You'll also eventually be the boss of a college and get your own quarters where you can store stuff.

I always try and sell stuff but store vendors only have limited amounts of gold so if you want to sell everything it means fast travelling between different towns and traders.

I'm now around 40 hours in and up to level 17.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: