My "moved" files disappeared in windows explorer?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9sbHkgTW9vbg==?=

      6th Oct 2006
I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
drive.
Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
"!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
finding them in "safe" mode)
Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
Thanx for your help...
--
http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby

      6th Oct 2006

Jolly Moon wrote:
> I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
> folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
> and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
> drive.
> Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
> "!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
> did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
> UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
> finding them in "safe" mode)
> Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
> How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
> folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
> Thanx for your help...
> --
> http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby

      6th Oct 2006

Jolly Moon wrote:
> I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
> folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
> and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
> drive.
> Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
> "!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
> did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
> UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
> finding them in "safe" mode)
> Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
> How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
> folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
> Thanx for your help...
> --
> http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby

      6th Oct 2006

Jolly Moon wrote:
> I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
> folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
> and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
> drive.
> Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
> "!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
> did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
> UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
> finding them in "safe" mode)
> Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
> How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
> folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
> Thanx for your help...
> --
> http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby

      6th Oct 2006

Jolly Moon wrote:
> I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
> folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
> and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
> drive.
> Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
> "!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
> did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
> UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
> finding them in "safe" mode)
> Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
> How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
> folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
> Thanx for your help...
> --
> http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby

      6th Oct 2006

Jolly Moon wrote:
> I created a new folder. Call it "!dummy" . I "right clicked" on another
> folder that was already existing called:"monkey" and "moved" the old folder
> and files into the new folder using the "drag" command-- all on the same
> drive.
> Now the folder name "monkey" appears in the new folder
> "!dummy" but ALL of the files disappeared and the directory reads 0...where
> did all the internal files of "monkey" go? Are they recoverable? Norton
> UnErase doesn't show them and they are not in the recycle bin. (I even tried
> finding them in "safe" mode)
> Is the "!" in the folder name the problem?
> How, PLEASE, can I find the missing files. All I tried to do was move a
> folder to a new folder and WHAM...trouble.
> Thanx for your help...
> --
> http://www.jollymoon.com

gobby