My mouse left click is too fast

=?Utf-8?B?ZWxpZXRhYmV0?=

      14th Mar 2006
I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is too fast;
if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am not stupid in
computers but i cant seem to figure it out, i tried to change it in control
panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak UI, same thing ... anybody
knows the normal sensitivity or speed for the left click?
thanks .

Kerry Brown

      14th Mar 2006
elietabet wrote:
> I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is
> too fast; if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am
> not stupid in computers but i cant seem to figure it out, i tried to
> change it in control panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak
> UI, same thing ... anybody knows the normal sensitivity or speed for
> the left click?
> thanks .

If you are talking about a single click then it is probably the switch on
the mouse. Have you tried a different mouse?

Kerry

R. McCarty

      14th Mar 2006
You might want to check and see if Tweak-UI's "Detect Accidental
Double-Clicks (in Explorer category) is enabled. To more finely tune
the mouse options you should download the mouse vendor software.
Even if the mouse isn't a Microsoft brand, Intellipoint software has a
few additional settings that might help you out.
Direct download link to Intellipoint Version 5.5:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...IP55_32Eng.exe

"Kerry Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)*a*m> wrote in message
news:er4g9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> elietabet wrote:
>> I am not sure why this is happening ... but my mouse left click is
>> too fast; if clicking back in IE, it goes back 2 pages ... now i am
>> not stupid in computers but i cant seem to figure it out, i tried to
>> change it in control panel it didnt work ... i also tried in Tweak
>> UI, same thing ... anybody knows the normal sensitivity or speed for
>> the left click?
>> thanks .

> If you are talking about a single click then it is probably the switch on
> the mouse. Have you tried a different mouse?
>
> Kerry

xubomber

      14th Mar 2006
If it's not the double-click speed setting in the control panel, i
could be that your mouse itself is broken. Try swapping in
different mouse (if possible) and seeing if that fixes it, if not
then try checking mouse drivers. Most likely it's a malfunctionin
mouse though

=?Utf-8?B?ZWxpZXRhYmV0?=

      14th Mar 2006
thanks guys .. i will probably try a new mouse, it could be ... thanks.

"xubomber" wrote:

> If it's not the double-click speed setting in the control panel, it
> could be that your mouse itself is broken. Try swapping in a
> different mouse (if possible) and seeing if that fixes it, if not,
> then try checking mouse drivers. Most likely it's a malfunctioning
> mouse though.

Kerry Brown

      14th Mar 2006
elietabet wrote:
> thanks guys .. i will probably try a new mouse, it could be ...
> thanks.
>
> "xubomber" wrote:
>
>> If it's not the double-click speed setting in the control panel, it
>> could be that your mouse itself is broken. Try swapping in a
>> different mouse (if possible) and seeing if that fixes it, if not,
>> then try checking mouse drivers. Most likely it's a malfunctioning
>> mouse though.

Before spending the money check out R. McCarty's post about TweakUI.

Kerry

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBDYXJ0ZXI=?=

      12th Nov 2007
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0A USB /PS2 Compatible
p/n X800495-119 PID 70000 – OEM – 0433121-0 0603

I have a couple people with the same mice having the same problem. Their
left mouse clicking is “not working”. It might be broken. I took the usb
mouse and plugged it into another "known good" computer that has NEVER had
this mouse before. I have currently a Microsoft Optical USB / PS2 mouse in
it, with USB. I was able to get the “OTHER PC” mouse to replicate the
problems. I need to click and hold for one Miss-iss-ipp-I and then it will
work. It is almost a full second to click instead of BAM, double click. I
updated to the latest x64 bit drivers for Microsoft Mouse, 6.2 I believe and
restarted. I am on a Windows XP x64 Pro SP2 (all updates) I reset all mouse
features to DEFAULT. I also removed the mouse and plugged in another mouse,
we purchased a bunch of these Optical mice and tried a known good one, and NO
PROBLEM with the left mouse clicking.
Strange, as I am able to get the curser to move within this paragraph but
not select. I do though have to press and HOLD down a for a full
one-one-thousand and then it will click. If I just click and go, it doesn’t
work. It is the type of clicking when you are going slow and being sure that
the mouse has moved to a location. I can not get it to double click by going
SLOW or going EXTREMELY fast. I tried to put the mouse like a trigger and
get it to open that way, by pressing extremely fast to get the “My Computer”
icon on my desktop to open, but I could not get that to work. OK I just
tried it and it did work, after I was extremely aggressive in clicking fast
on it.

I THINK I might need to buy a new mouse, but I have adjusted and downloaded,
as I said, the latest Mouse software and still no luck. I have some new mice
on order.

R. McCarty

      12th Nov 2007
Are the mice connected to a USB port/socket ? I'm seeing more &
more cases of an overloaded USB Controller that causes clicks and
motion delays. Most USB mice are USB1.1 so they are sensitive to
which Controller/Hub they are served by. If the mouse plug has a
PS2 converter module, I'd try using the Mouse on the PS2 port instead
of USB. I'd also use the Mouse applet in Control Panel to lower the
registration speed for detecting mouse clicks. The option is found on
the Buttons (TAB) of mouse properties, "Double-Click Speed". Try
moving the sensitivity slider slightly to the Left <--.

"Matt Carter" <(E-Mail Removed).(doNOTspam)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0A USB /PS2 Compatible
> p/n X800495-119 PID 70000 - OEM - 0433121-0 0603
>
> I have a couple people with the same mice having the same problem. Their
> left mouse clicking is "not working". It might be broken. I took the usb
> mouse and plugged it into another "known good" computer that has NEVER had
> this mouse before. I have currently a Microsoft Optical USB / PS2 mouse
> in
> it, with USB. I was able to get the "OTHER PC" mouse to replicate the
> problems. I need to click and hold for one Miss-iss-ipp-I and then it
> will
> work. It is almost a full second to click instead of BAM, double click.
> updated to the latest x64 bit drivers for Microsoft Mouse, 6.2 I believe
> and
> restarted. I am on a Windows XP x64 Pro SP2 (all updates) I reset all
> mouse
> features to DEFAULT. I also removed the mouse and plugged in another
> mouse,
> we purchased a bunch of these Optical mice and tried a known good one, and
> NO
> PROBLEM with the left mouse clicking.
> Strange, as I am able to get the curser to move within this paragraph but
> not select. I do though have to press and HOLD down a for a full
> one-one-thousand and then it will click. If I just click and go, it doesn't
> work. It is the type of clicking when you are going slow and being sure
> that
> the mouse has moved to a location. I can not get it to double click by
> going
> SLOW or going EXTREMELY fast. I tried to put the mouse like a trigger and
> get it to open that way, by pressing extremely fast to get the "My
> Computer"
> icon on my desktop to open, but I could not get that to work. OK I just
> tried it and it did work, after I was extremely aggressive in clicking
> fast
> on it.
>
> I THINK I might need to buy a new mouse, but I have adjusted and
> downloaded,
> as I said, the latest Mouse software and still no luck. I have some new
> mice
> on order.

Unknown

      12th Nov 2007
Cordless mouse? Did you try changing battery? Did you reposition receiver?
(part that plugs into USB)
"Matt Carter" <(E-Mail Removed).(doNOTspam)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0A USB /PS2 Compatible
> p/n X800495-119 PID 70000 - OEM - 0433121-0 0603
>
> I have a couple people with the same mice having the same problem. Their
> left mouse clicking is "not working". It might be broken. I took the usb
> mouse and plugged it into another "known good" computer that has NEVER had
> this mouse before. I have currently a Microsoft Optical USB / PS2 mouse
> in
> it, with USB. I was able to get the "OTHER PC" mouse to replicate the
> problems. I need to click and hold for one Miss-iss-ipp-I and then it
> will
> work. It is almost a full second to click instead of BAM, double click.
> updated to the latest x64 bit drivers for Microsoft Mouse, 6.2 I believe
> and
> restarted. I am on a Windows XP x64 Pro SP2 (all updates) I reset all
> mouse
> features to DEFAULT. I also removed the mouse and plugged in another
> mouse,
> we purchased a bunch of these Optical mice and tried a known good one, and
> NO
> PROBLEM with the left mouse clicking.
> Strange, as I am able to get the curser to move within this paragraph but
> not select. I do though have to press and HOLD down a for a full
> one-one-thousand and then it will click. If I just click and go, it doesn't
> work. It is the type of clicking when you are going slow and being sure
> that
> the mouse has moved to a location. I can not get it to double click by
> going
> SLOW or going EXTREMELY fast. I tried to put the mouse like a trigger and
> get it to open that way, by pressing extremely fast to get the "My
> Computer"
> icon on my desktop to open, but I could not get that to work. OK I just
> tried it and it did work, after I was extremely aggressive in clicking
> fast
> on it.
>
> I THINK I might need to buy a new mouse, but I have adjusted and
> downloaded,
> as I said, the latest Mouse software and still no luck. I have some new
> mice
> on order.

cheydgal

      23rd Oct 2008
My mouse is not working at all. I had some other problems with my computer,
and believe it may not be seeing the (USB?) port, but don't know for sure,
and don't know how to find out.