"My Documents" disappeared from "My Computer"

dOinK

      12th Jun 2004
The "My Documents" icon is no longer displayed under "Files stored on this
computer" when opening or exploring "My Computer". How can I get it back
there?

The icon is listed in the tree when exploring "My Computer". The icon
representing shared documents is listed under "Files stored on this
computer".

Any clues?
dOinK

Wesley Vogel

      12th Jun 2004
TweakUI??
[+] My Computer
Files Stored on This Computer

If not.....

Scroll down to:
56. Remove Files Stored on this Computer Undo
Click on Undo

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In newspGyc.248$(E-Mail Removed),
dOinK <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> The "My Documents" icon is no longer displayed under "Files stored on
> this computer" when opening or exploring "My Computer". How can I get
> it back there?
>
> The icon is listed in the tree when exploring "My Computer". The icon
> representing shared documents is listed under "Files stored on this
> computer".
>
> Any clues?
> dOinK

dOinK

      12th Jun 2004
Tried both, none worked. However, I got the icon back by changing the folder
location once and then back from the My Documents" Properties window.

solved
dOinK

Ramesh [MVP]

      12th Jun 2004
Well. The problem occurs if the Documents path for your profile is missing here:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DocFolderPaths]

Moving the My Documents folder back (properties) updates the DocFolderPaths value correctly.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"dOinK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:GRIyc.4331$(E-Mail Removed)...
Tried both, none worked. However, I got the icon back by changing the folder
location once and then back from the My Documents" Properties window.

solved
dOinK

Anando [MS-MVP]

      12th Jun 2004
Man you stay awake pretty late ;-)

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ramesh [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Well. The problem occurs if the Documents path for your profile is missing here:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DocFolderPaths]

Moving the My Documents folder back (properties) updates the DocFolderPaths value correctly.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"dOinK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GRIyc.4331$(E-Mail Removed)...
Tried both, none worked. However, I got the icon back by changing the folder
location once and then back from the My Documents" Properties window.

solved
dOinK

Ramesh [MVP]

      12th Jun 2004
Yup. Installed additional 512MB mem module and checking the system performance :-) How about you Anando?

--

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

      13th Jun 2004
Well...me...remember engineers (or rather wannabes) are nocturnal creatures ? ;-)