Where are the MVPs MS touts so much?

=?Utf-8?B?andraA==?=

      16th Oct 2007

jwkh

DL

      16th Oct 2007
In a server group, assuming that from your last post

"jwkh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> jwkh

Bob I

      16th Oct 2007
They are volunteers, with real lives too.

jwkh wrote:

> jwkh

=?Utf-8?B?andraA==?=

      16th Oct 2007
I know, but they shouldn't volunteer if they aren't going to be here. I'd at
least like a "you need to be in that group," or "MS doesn't have a fix," or
"we (I) have no idea."

Of course, I'm acting out of frustration. I've posted dozens of times and
have less than, maybe, a 15 percent response from any of them. Yet MS has a
Web page touting them, with "profiles" of about half a dozen.

MVP - the V stands for valuable. The implies value. There's no value in
them not responding to as many questions as possible. Someone with the MVP
"circle" should be checking to see if these questions are being addressed.
If not, why even have the MVP program?

And as to they have real lives too. So do I, and that life includes my
family, myself and work, usually in that order. I do pretty well at
balancing all, and I put in a lot of hours for all of them.

jwkh

"Bob I" wrote:

> They are volunteers, with real lives too.
>
> jwkh wrote:
>

> > jwkh

Derald

      17th Oct 2007
Well, since for the most part, they seem to be a group of top-posting
twits, they're on twit lists where they belong and, likely, going
unread.

=?Utf-8?B?andraA==?=

      17th Oct 2007
Derald,

I'm not sure I fully agree on that...but I don't come here that often. I
have seen MVPs' "comment's" over "posting for recognition." Something I don't
fully understand since I don't know what the MVP program is really about.

Anyway, I've seen some great responses from MVPs...but even more from the
grunts (other members).

I just get upset that MS has a Web page that has so much about MVPs, but I
see so many questions that are never replied to by any MVP.

It seems to be an "official" program supported by MS, yet there is little
support.

That's just my opinion...I may be wrong.

jwkh

"Derald" wrote:

> Well, since for the most part, they seem to be a group of top-posting
> twits, they're on twit lists where they belong and, likely, going
> unread.

Bob I

      17th Oct 2007
The MVP award is for the contributions in the previous year, nothing
more, nothing less, and has no bearing on future replies. They
volunteered their time to answer the questions they did answer. And
nobody can speak for someone else, and since this is a public group, is
certainly would be stupid for everyone that read your question to reply
that "they didn't know". Now, just what makes you think you worthy of an
answer? Perhaps you should consider what effort you put in as against
what you seem to expect in return. And remember people only reply when
they have something to say. Also, you may want to post under a different
pseudonym for best future response.

jwkh wrote:

> I know, but they shouldn't volunteer if they aren't going to be here. I'd at
> least like a "you need to be in that group," or "MS doesn't have a fix," or
> "we (I) have no idea."
>
> Of course, I'm acting out of frustration. I've posted dozens of times and
> have less than, maybe, a 15 percent response from any of them. Yet MS has a
> Web page touting them, with "profiles" of about half a dozen.
>
> MVP - the V stands for valuable. The implies value. There's no value in
> them not responding to as many questions as possible. Someone with the MVP
> "circle" should be checking to see if these questions are being addressed.
> If not, why even have the MVP program?
>
> And as to they have real lives too. So do I, and that life includes my
> family, myself and work, usually in that order. I do pretty well at
> balancing all, and I put in a lot of hours for all of them.
>
> jwkh
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>They are volunteers, with real lives too.
>>
>>jwkh wrote:
>>

>>>jwkh

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      17th Oct 2007
....and, since it's a peer-to-peer newsgroup, there are many, many other
persons who can answer questions other than just MVPs.

Tom
"Bob I" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| The MVP award is for the contributions in the previous year, nothing
| more, nothing less, and has no bearing on future replies. They
| volunteered their time to answer the questions they did answer. And
| nobody can speak for someone else, and since this is a public group, is
| certainly would be stupid for everyone that read your question to reply
| that "they didn't know". Now, just what makes you think you worthy of an
| answer? Perhaps you should consider what effort you put in as against
| what you seem to expect in return. And remember people only reply when
| they have something to say. Also, you may want to post under a different
| pseudonym for best future response.
|

| jwkh wrote:
|
| > I know, but they shouldn't volunteer if they aren't going to be here.
I'd at
| > least like a "you need to be in that group," or "MS doesn't have a fix,"
or
| > "we (I) have no idea."
| >
| > Of course, I'm acting out of frustration. I've posted dozens of times
and
| > have less than, maybe, a 15 percent response from any of them. Yet MS
has a
| > Web page touting them, with "profiles" of about half a dozen.
| >
| > MVP - the V stands for valuable. The implies value. There's no value
in
| > them not responding to as many questions as possible. Someone with the
MVP
| > "circle" should be checking to see if these questions are being
addressed.
| > If not, why even have the MVP program?
| >
| > And as to they have real lives too. So do I, and that life includes my
| > family, myself and work, usually in that order. I do pretty well at
| > balancing all, and I put in a lot of hours for all of them.
| >
| > jwkh
| >

| > "Bob I" wrote:
| >

| >>They are volunteers, with real lives too.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      17th Oct 2007
MVPs are *not* required to answer your questions.

"jwkh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Derald,
|
| I'm not sure I fully agree on that...but I don't come here that often. I
| have seen MVPs' "comment's" over "posting for recognition." Something I
don't
| fully understand since I don't know what the MVP program is really about.
|
| Anyway, I've seen some great responses from MVPs...but even more from the
| grunts (other members).
|
| I just get upset that MS has a Web page that has so much about MVPs, but I
| see so many questions that are never replied to by any MVP.
|
| It seems to be an "official" program supported by MS, yet there is little
| support.
|
| That's just my opinion...I may be wrong.
|
| jwkh
|

| "Derald" wrote:
|
| > Well, since for the most part, they seem to be a group of top-posting
| > twits, they're on twit lists where they belong and, likely, going
| > unread.

=?Utf-8?B?andraA==?=

      18th Oct 2007
Let's see: this is a volunteer program supported (AND advertised) by MS as a
means of support. BUT the volunteer may pick and choose, or not do anything
at all? Then why have the program? Why be a "volunteer?" I did a lot of
volunteer work about 10 years ago. I didn't pick and choose; I helped
everyone in the line the best I could. And when I couldn't help, they had a
reason...like it or not...they had someone saying something.

I feel the MVP program is a MS sham. Just another way to push people into
support that's often worthless and just to get them to pay for support that
should be part of the product purchase.