Multiple Stop Errors

=?Utf-8?B?c2p3b28=?=

      10th Jul 2004
I loaded the ATA100 drivers and re-installed Win2K. However, during driver install of Win2K setup, I received the following Stop error.

**STOP 0x0000001E (0.80000003, 0x90d4E6E9, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
--
-stephano

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> You'll want to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four
> install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
> \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
> makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.
>
> Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
> in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
> additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
> supplied Windows 2000 driver for your ultra ATA controller in drive "A"
>
> If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
> late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
> resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.
>
> When you get to the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions
> found. After you delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again
> restart the pc booting the CD-Rom or setup disks to avoid unexpected drive
> letter assignments with your new install.
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "sjwoo" wrote:
> | The 2 seagate baracuda 80GB hard drives are Ultra ATA/100. Integrated RAID
> function on the motherboard is DISABLED.
> | --
> | -stephano

Dave Patrick

      10th Jul 2004
Check that the mother board and system bios are Windows 2000 compatible.

--

"sjwoo" wrote:
|I loaded the ATA100 drivers and re-installed Win2K. However, during driver
install of Win2K setup, I received the following Stop error.

| **STOP 0x0000001E (0.80000003, 0x90d4E6E9, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
| KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
| --
| -stephano

=?Utf-8?B?c2p3b28=?=

      10th Jul 2004
The motherboard and bios are windows 2000 compatible. I have switched the hard drives (slave(HD1) -> master, master(HD2) -> slave) to see if they are at fault. When I created a new partition on HD1, the os left 2mb unpartitioned. However, when I've tried to install win2k on HD2 previously, the os left 8mb unpartitioned. What might this mean?
--
-stephano

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Check that the mother board and system bios are Windows 2000 compatible.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "sjwoo" wrote:
> |I loaded the ATA100 drivers and re-installed Win2K. However, during driver
> install of Win2K setup, I received the following Stop error.
> |
> | **STOP 0x0000001E (0.80000003, 0x90d4E6E9, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
> | KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
> | --
> | -stephano

Dave Patrick

      11th Jul 2004
Stop errors are almost always caused by incorrect drivers, hardware failure,
or possibly incorrectly identified hardware and non-compliant hardware. Try
removing all non-essential hardware and get through the install. Then after
the OS is installed add the hardware in one at a time.

--

"sjwoo" wrote:
| The motherboard and bios are windows 2000 compatible. I have switched the
hard drives (slave(HD1) -> master, master(HD2) -> slave) to see if they are
at fault. When I created a new partition on HD1, the os left 2mb
unpartitioned. However, when I've tried to install win2k on HD2 previously,
the os left 8mb unpartitioned. What might this mean?
| --
| -stephano

=?Utf-8?B?c2p3b28=?=

      5th Aug 2004
I have removed all non-essential hardware. I have 1 hard drive and 1 cd-rom
installed as well as the gfx card. I re-installed Windows 2000 Professional
after formatting the drive and the error I recieved was as follows:

**STOP (0x80000004, 0x80466E08, 0xF1E80C1E, 0x0000F000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

**Address 80466E08 base at 80400000, Datestamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe
**Address F1E80C1E base at F1E80000, Datestamp 3817847b - PCIIDEX.SYS

What might this mean? I have checked the memory and the hard drive, both of
which are fine. Could the motherboard be bad?

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Stop errors are almost always caused by incorrect drivers, hardware failure,
> or possibly incorrectly identified hardware and non-compliant hardware. Try
> removing all non-essential hardware and get through the install. Then after
> the OS is installed add the hardware in one at a time.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "sjwoo" wrote:
> | The motherboard and bios are windows 2000 compatible. I have switched the
> hard drives (slave(HD1) -> master, master(HD2) -> slave) to see if they are
> at fault. When I created a new partition on HD1, the os left 2mb
> unpartitioned. However, when I've tried to install win2k on HD2 previously,
> the os left 8mb unpartitioned. What might this mean?
> | --
> | -stephano

Dave Patrick

      6th Aug 2004
PCIIDEX.SYS is an IDE controller driver. You might want to get in touch with
the MB manufacturer.

--

"sjwoo" wrote:
| I have removed all non-essential hardware. I have 1 hard drive and 1
cd-rom
| installed as well as the gfx card. I re-installed Windows 2000
Professional
| after formatting the drive and the error I recieved was as follows:
|
| **STOP (0x80000004, 0x80466E08, 0xF1E80C1E, 0x0000F000)
| KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
|
| **Address 80466E08 base at 80400000, Datestamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe
| **Address F1E80C1E base at F1E80000, Datestamp 3817847b - PCIIDEX.SYS
|
| What might this mean? I have checked the memory and the hard drive, both
of
| which are fine. Could the motherboard be bad?

=?Utf-8?B?c2p3b28=?=

      6th Aug 2004
I have decided to RMA my motherboard after hundreds of tries to get this
system up and going again. I hope to have a new board within the next week or
so. Thanks for all your help Dave. You've been more knowledgable than anyone
else I have spoken to regarding these stop errors. Thanks again.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> PCIIDEX.SYS is an IDE controller driver. You might want to get in touch with
> the MB manufacturer.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "sjwoo" wrote:
> | I have removed all non-essential hardware. I have 1 hard drive and 1
> cd-rom
> | installed as well as the gfx card. I re-installed Windows 2000
> Professional
> | after formatting the drive and the error I recieved was as follows:
> |
> | **STOP (0x80000004, 0x80466E08, 0xF1E80C1E, 0x0000F000)
> | KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
> |
> | **Address 80466E08 base at 80400000, Datestamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe
> | **Address F1E80C1E base at F1E80000, Datestamp 3817847b - PCIIDEX.SYS
> |
> | What might this mean? I have checked the memory and the hard drive, both
> of
> | which are fine. Could the motherboard be bad?

New Member

      17th Jul 2010
i keep randomly getting this stop error..

0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x00000001)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've never seen this error before. Always a new surprise.