Multiple Radio Button Groups

magmike

      17th Nov 2011
I am using Excel 2007.

It seems as though when I insert radio buttons onto my sheet, that I
can't create more than one group of buttons. Is it possible to create
more than one group? It seems that if I Format an individual radio
button to link with a certain cell, then they all change to link with
that cell.

Thanks in advance for any help,

magmike

magmike

      17th Nov 2011
On Nov 17, 6:38*am, Dave Peterson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Saved from a previous post:
>
> If your optionbuttons are from the Forms toolbar, the put all your optionbuttons
> in each group in a groupbox (also on that Forms toolbar).
>
> If your optionbuttons are from the Control Toolbox toolbar, then rightclick on
> each optionbutton show the properties (you'll have to be in design mode for
> this). *Each group should have its own unique groupname.
>
> If you're creating a survey form, you may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's
> site:http://contextures.com/xlForm01.html
>
> On 11/17/2011 01:31, magmike wrote:
>
> > I am using Excel 2007.

> > It seems as though when I insert radio buttons onto my sheet, that I
> > can't create more than one group of buttons. Is it possible to create
> > more than one group? It seems that if I Format an individual radio
> > button to link with a certain cell, then they all change to link with
> > that cell.

> > Thanks in advance for any help,

> > magmike

> --
> Dave Peterson

Thanks, very helpful!

parna.chakraborty@gmail.com

      23rd May 2013
HI Dave,

I had the same issue and ended up with same problem. I have two sets of option buttons, which I'm trying to link with 2 different cells. I tried to group the option buttons for each set. Then I tried to change the group name.It seems that when I changed the group name of one set of option button, the other one changes automatically, ending up two sets of option buttons linked together. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Is it possible to upload a video of the process you mentioned?

thanks in advance

alexey.a.katkov@gmail.com

      12th Dec 2013
Thanks, works fine.