PC Review

Multiple dependent combo boxes

29th Jun 2012
Hi

I have a date field. I have two combo boxes. One for year and One for month.

I have already written code for the year combo box to show only the unique years represented in the date field.

I am now trying to make the month combo box show only months present in the year selected. Also the months need to be sorted from latest to oldest in each year.

For example:

Datefield
6/1/2012
5/1/2012
6/1/2011
4/1/2012
3/1/2011

Year combo box should show only 2011 and 2012.

If user selects 2011 for year then the month combo box should show June, March in that order

If user selects 2012 for year then the month combo box should show June, May, April in that order

1st Aug 2012
Have you tried using Data Validation? You need to create dynamic named ranges and use these as the source for the Data Validation, the drop down list in each field will then have the information you want. I can't remember exactly where I found the advice, but this link http://www.get-digital-help.com/2010...lues-in-excel/ should help.

Your requirements are entirely achievable.

Regards

Peter

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: