Multiple Browser Windows Opening by Themselves

=?Utf-8?B?Q3ViendpbjE5MDg=?=

      23rd May 2006
About once a day I will be switching from one page to another when all of a
sudden after a slight pause a new IE browser window will open and then
another and another...until they finally stop at about 70. I can't close
them as they will just continue to pile up more, I finally have to restart.

I wondered if it could have anything to do with needing more RAM? I know
that I have the minimum that MSN needs to run.

Thanks for any insight...sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't
find it in searching the files.

Debbie

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

      23rd May 2006
Cubzwin1908 wrote:
> About once a day I will be switching from one page to another when
> all of a sudden after a slight pause a new IE browser window will
> open and then another and another...until they finally stop at about
> 70. I can't close them as they will just continue to pile up more, I
> finally have to restart.
>
> I wondered if it could have anything to do with needing more RAM? I
> know that I have the minimum that MSN needs to run.
>
> Thanks for any insight...sorry if this has been asked before, I
> couldn't find it in searching the files.
>
> Debbie

You probably have a malware infection.

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

Help with Hijackware
All MS - MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
(http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
(http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
(http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html)
(http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
"Anyone who prefers security over freedom deserves neither."

Donny Broome

      24th May 2006
It sounds like your machine is infected with spyware. The page below details
many fine products that might be able to help you. I personally prefer
Ad-Aware and SpySweeper.

http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

Donny Broome
http://www.broomeman.com/tech/