Multiple Accounts configuration

Bob

      2nd Jun 2008
Hi,
there is WinXP and Office 2003 on my PC. I am trying to config two mail
accounts in Outlook. I created accounts, tested them – they can send and
receive mail. Now I need to configure Outlook the next way:

1. I created 2 pst files – 1 file to 1 account. How can I configure Outlook
to place received mail from 'account 1' to 'personal folder 1.pst', and from
'account 2' to 'personal folder 2.pst'.

2. Is it possible to configure Outlook, that when you write new mail, press
'Send' button, Outlook asks you from what account do you want to send mail? I
always confuse to send letters from wrong accounts.

Thanks!

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

      3rd Jun 2008
Not possible with Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 does allow you to associate
email accounts with separate .PST files. For Outlook 2003, you either have
to use the Rules Wizard to move mails to folders based on the email account,
or create two separate Outlook Profiles, one for each account and each with
its own .PST file.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

> Hi,
> there is WinXP and Office 2003 on my PC. I am trying to config two mail
> accounts in Outlook. I created accounts, tested them - they can send and
> receive mail. Now I need to configure Outlook the next way:
>
> 1. I created 2 pst files - 1 file to 1 account. How can I configure

Outlook
> to place received mail from 'account 1' to 'personal folder 1.pst', and

from
> 'account 2' to 'personal folder 2.pst'.
>
> 2. Is it possible to configure Outlook, that when you write new mail,

press
> 'Send' button, Outlook asks you from what account do you want to send

mail? I
> always confuse to send letters from wrong accounts.
>
> Thanks!

Bob

      3rd Jun 2008
Hal, thanks a lot!

What about second question? Let me remind you the issue: I have 2 accounts.
And when I write a new message, it's really important not to mix up from what
account the message is sent. Is it possible to config Outlook to remind me to
explicitly choose account each time I want to send message?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> Not possible with Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 does allow you to associate
> email accounts with separate .PST files. For Outlook 2003, you either have
> to use the Rules Wizard to move mails to folders based on the email account,
> or create two separate Outlook Profiles, one for each account and each with
> its own .PST file.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > there is WinXP and Office 2003 on my PC. I am trying to config two mail
> > accounts in Outlook. I created accounts, tested them - they can send and
> > receive mail. Now I need to configure Outlook the next way:
> >
> > 1. I created 2 pst files - 1 file to 1 account. How can I configure

> Outlook
> > to place received mail from 'account 1' to 'personal folder 1.pst', and

> from
> > 'account 2' to 'personal folder 2.pst'.
> >
> > 2. Is it possible to configure Outlook, that when you write new mail,

> press
> > 'Send' button, Outlook asks you from what account do you want to send

> mail? I
> > always confuse to send letters from wrong accounts.
> >
> > Thanks!

DL

      3rd Jun 2008
Dont believe so