Multilevel Lists- shift tab not working

leahl

      29th Sep 2008
I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is not
working. WHY?
--
Leah L. Hinds
Project Manager, Training & Support

Herb Tyson [MVP]

      29th Sep 2008
Are you saying that Tab works, but Shift Tab does not? Or, are neither
working?

If neither are working, try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab -
AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat As You Type tab, and enable the associated
option.

If just Shift+Tab is "broken", does Backspace reduce the numbering level?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"leahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is not
> working. WHY?
> --
> Leah L. Hinds
> Project Manager, Training & Support

leahl

      30th Sep 2008
As always, thanks for your help! It was my error!
--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you saying that Tab works, but Shift Tab does not? Or, are neither
> working?
>
> If neither are working, try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab -
> AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat As You Type tab, and enable the associated
> option.
>
> If just Shift+Tab is "broken", does Backspace reduce the numbering level?
>

> --
> Herb Tyson MS MVP
> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>

> "leahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is not
> > working. WHY?
> > --
> > Leah L. Hinds
> > Project Manager, Training & Support

Mike H

      14th Dec 2008

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you saying that Tab works, but Shift Tab does not? Or, are neither
> working?
>
> If neither are working, try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab -
> AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat As You Type tab, and enable the associated
> option.
>
> If just Shift+Tab is "broken", does Backspace reduce the numbering level?
>

> --
> Herb Tyson MS MVP
> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>

> "leahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is not
> > working. WHY?
> > --
> > Leah L. Hinds
> > Project Manager, Training & Support

Mike H

      14th Dec 2008
This was what I was looking for. It has been driving me nuts since I save a
word file from another person over mine and from that point on the tab would
not work properly. Thank you Herb. You truly are the MVP in my book.

Mike H

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you saying that Tab works, but Shift Tab does not? Or, are neither
> working?
>
> If neither are working, try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab -
> AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat As You Type tab, and enable the associated
> option.
>
> If just Shift+Tab is "broken", does Backspace reduce the numbering level?
>

> --
> Herb Tyson MS MVP
> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>

> "leahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is not
> > working. WHY?
> > --
> > Leah L. Hinds
> > Project Manager, Training & Support

Herb Tyson [MVP]

      15th Dec 2008
Glad to be of service.

Cheers,

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Mike H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This was what I was looking for. It has been driving me nuts since I save
> word file from another person over mine and from that point on the tab
> would
> not work properly. Thank you Herb. You truly are the MVP in my book.
>
> Mike H
>
> "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you saying that Tab works, but Shift Tab does not? Or, are neither
>> working?
>>
>> If neither are working, try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab -
>> AutoCorrect Options - AutoFormat As You Type tab, and enable the
>> associated
>> option.
>>
>> If just Shift+Tab is "broken", does Backspace reduce the numbering level?
>>

>> --
>> Herb Tyson MS MVP
>> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
>> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
>> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>>

>> "leahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am using Word 2007 and creating a multilevel list. The Shift+Tab is
>> >not
>> > working. WHY?
>> > --
>> > Leah L. Hinds
>> > Project Manager, Training & Support

New Member

      23rd Mar 2012
So I tried enabling the below and my shift tab and tab fuctions are not working:

Automatic bulleted lists
automatic numbered list
Format Beginning of list item like the one before it.

and in the AutoFormat tab
Automatic bulleted lists

And still no results, any suggestions
James

New Member

      23rd Mar 2012
Solution Found!!!!

its under tools>auto correct options>auto format as you type> set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspace."

New Member

      18th Sep 2012
THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET! Isn't it a miracle that I could type in four words describing a question I had about a problem that was driving me insane, and immediately this helpful solution was available? Thank you, whatsisname who wrote the answer to this question. Thank you, and thank all the semi-anonymous wiz helpers out there who solve my future problems.