Richard Gutery

      14th Dec 2004
I guess I have two quesions:
1) Is there such a tool as an MS MSI viewer. At times (particularly after a
web download) I'd like to view the contents of an MSI file,
2) What tool would one use to create an MSI. I have the ORKTOOLS and can
create MST files, but can't seem to find much in MSI files.

TX in advance.

RG

=?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZQ==?=

      14th Dec 2004
You can view MST files with the MST file viewer by ORKTOOLS, but MSI files
are installer files and cannot be viewed for they are programmed in the
C+++ programming language. (unless you're a programmer).

"Richard Gutery" wrote:

> I guess I have two quesions:
> 1) Is there such a tool as an MS MSI viewer. At times (particularly after a
> web download) I'd like to view the contents of an MSI file,
> 2) What tool would one use to create an MSI. I have the ORKTOOLS and can
> create MST files, but can't seem to find much in MSI files.
>
> TX in advance.
>
> RG

Bruce Chambers

      15th Dec 2004
Richard Gutery wrote:
> I guess I have two quesions:
> 1) Is there such a tool as an MS MSI viewer. At times (particularly after a
> web download) I'd like to view the contents of an MSI file,
> 2) What tool would one use to create an MSI. I have the ORKTOOLS and can
> create MST files, but can't seem to find much in MSI files.
>
> TX in advance.
>
> RG

Try Orca, part of Microsoft's Platform Software Development Kit (SDK).
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/.../downlevel.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Richard Gutery

      15th Dec 2004
We are a programming and engineering shop.

Thanks,
"Byte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can view MST files with the MST file viewer by ORKTOOLS, but MSI files
> are installer files and cannot be viewed for they are programmed in the
> C+++ programming language. (unless you're a programmer).
>
> "Richard Gutery" wrote:
>
>> I guess I have two quesions:
>> 1) Is there such a tool as an MS MSI viewer. At times (particularly after
>> web download) I'd like to view the contents of an MSI file,
>> 2) What tool would one use to create an MSI. I have the ORKTOOLS and can
>> create MST files, but can't seem to find much in MSI files.
>>
>> TX in advance.
>>
>> RG

Richard Gutery

      15th Dec 2004
This is what I was looking for. Thanks Bruce.

news:epJ$(E-Mail Removed)...