msconfig dialog box

Test

      15th Apr 2004
Hi all

yesterday i changed some settings in the msconfig
now everytime i start my computer it comes up

is there a way to stop it? i don't see any checkbox
saying that"don't ask me again"

regards

Thx
test

Darren Hook [MSFT]

      15th Apr 2004
Review the below article;

310560.KB.EN-US How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
XP

Darren Hook
(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft PSS

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Test" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1gjzt8ebo20do$.3j4iw7437rac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> yesterday i changed some settings in the msconfig
> now everytime i start my computer it comes up
>
> is there a way to stop it? i don't see any checkbox
> saying that"don't ask me again"
>
> regards
>
> Thx
> test

spiderman

      15th Apr 2004
yes it does ask, it's just worded different.

check box says at the bottom of that window and voila, it's done. you'll
have to check that box every time you make changes to msconfig, don't worry,
it's not permanent.

"Test" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1gjzt8ebo20do$.3j4iw7437rac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> yesterday i changed some settings in the msconfig
> now everytime i start my computer it comes up
>
> is there a way to stop it? i don't see any checkbox
> saying that"don't ask me again"
>
> regards
>
> Thx
> test

Ramesh [MVP]

      15th Apr 2004
Known issue!

To remove the selective startup reminder, try any of these methods:

1. Click Start | Run | Type "msconfig /auto". check the option "Don't show......." and press OK.

(or)

2. Download fix from: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...nomsconfig.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

"Test" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:1gjzt8ebo20do$.3j4iw7437rac$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi all

yesterday i changed some settings in the msconfig
now everytime i start my computer it comes up

is there a way to stop it? i don't see any checkbox
saying that"don't ask me again"

regards

Thx
test

Test

      15th Apr 2004
thx a lot guys for your help
i appreciate it !!!

Malke

      15th Apr 2004
Test wrote:

> Hi all
>
> yesterday i changed some settings in the msconfig
> now everytime i start my computer it comes up
>
> is there a way to stop it? i don't see any checkbox
> saying that"don't ask me again"
>
> regards
>
> Thx
> test

The box to be checked saying (in effect) "don't ask me again" is on the
dialog box for the System Configuration utility. Look again.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers