MS06-25 - Callback fails?

=?Utf-8?B?RCBNYXJyaXR0?=

      22nd Jun 2006
Hello

Following installing this patch on our RAS server (Windows 2000 SP4), none
of our RAS users with a callback number set can connect. Users can dial in
and authenticate but the server reports the callback fails with Event 20089
"There was no answer".

The server appears to no longer be able to dial out properly. We are not
using a terminal window and unless the callback function is itself a script I
don't think this is the same as the currently reported issue in kb911280.

Anyone else using callback with RAS?

Armin Weidenschlager

      6th Jul 2006
Hi,

see my posting "RAS Callback do not work properly"
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Armin Weidenschlager" wrote:

> see my posting "RAS Callback do not work properly"

Since posting here I've been in contact with Microsoft PSS. This is a
problem with the MS06-025 patch on Windows 2000 server. After the patch is
installed the server no longer dials the full callback number. The callback
number is truncated by 1 digit.

The workaround at present is to add an extra digit to the callback number,
the extra digit will then be truncated but this means the correct number is
dialled.

Microsoft have replicated this problem and are working on a fix.

Hope this helps with your problem.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmw=?=

      6th Jul 2006
Thanks D,

After two days of searching the NET, you've finally given me the answer.

Regards,
Charl