MS Word, vertical split screen to take advantage of wide screens

RS123

      14th Feb 2010
MS Word should be given a vertical split screen ability, not just horizontal
split screen. The latter is traditional thinking, whereas most computers
nowadays have wide screens. The vertical word processor pages takes up the
height of the widescreen, not maximising the computer's wide screen. A
vertical split screen would enable us to fill the entire widescreen with the
word processor window.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

hans malan

      23rd Sep 2010
I agree that MS Word should have both a vertical and horizontal split screen facility. I need to use and work on drafting and/ or editing two different documents simultaneously. I have to be able to save them each to its own file at completion. From present descriptions of the splitscreen facility it seems as if I may only be able to use different parts of one document in the split screens.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

> [...]

>> On Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:41 PM Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com wrote:

>> Try this: View tab > Window group > new window.
>>
>> Pam
>>

>> RS123 wrote:
>>
>> --

>>> On Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:52 AM hans malan wrote:

>>> I agree that MS Word should have both a vertical and horizontal split screen facility. I need to use and work on drafting and/ or editing two different documents simultaneously. I have to be able to save them each to its own file at completion. From present descriptions of the splitscreen facility it seems as if I may only be able to use different parts of one document in the split screens.
>>>

>>> Hoping to hear from you soon.

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> ObjectDumper LINQ To Export Collection Via .NET Reflection

Peter T. Daniels

      23rd Sep 2010
Open two documents, and size and position them (manually) as is most
convenient.

On Sep 23, 3:52*am, hans malan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I agree that MS Word should have both a vertical and horizontal split screen facility. I need to use and work on drafting and/ or editing two different documents simultaneously. I have to be able to save them each to its own file at completion. From present descriptions of the splitscreen facilityit seems as if I may only be able to use different parts of one document in the split screens.
>
> Hoping to hear from you soon.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      23rd Sep 2010
If you have a recent version of Word use Window | New Window to open a copy
of the same document. Then use Window | Compare Side by Side with... to
arrange the two copies side by side. By default, they scroll synchronously,
but if you disable synchronous scrolling (using the floating toolbar that
will appear), you can look at different parts of the same document, drag
text from one place to another, etc.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"hans malan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree that MS Word should have both a vertical and horizontal split
>screen facility. I need to use and work on drafting and/ or editing two
>different documents simultaneously. I have to be able to save them each to
>its own file at completion. From present descriptions of the splitscreen
>facility it seems as if I may only be able to use different parts of one
>document in the split screens.
>
> Hoping to hear from you soon.
>
>> On Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:35 PM RS123 wrote:

>> MS Word should be given a vertical split screen ability, not just
>> horizontal
>> split screen. The latter is traditional thinking, whereas most computers
>> nowadays have wide screens. The vertical word processor pages takes up
>> the
>> height of the widescreen, not maximising the computer's wide screen. A
>> vertical split screen would enable us to fill the entire widescreen with
>> the
>> word processor window.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement

>>> On Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:41 PM Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com
>>> wrote:

>>> Try this: View tab > Window group > new window.
>>>
>>> Pam
>>>

>>> RS123 wrote:
>>>
>>> --

New Member

      15th Aug 2012
To get a side by side split screen in MS Word after you have opened a document right click on "View" and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on "Frames". You can place the window to the right or to the left of the original. You can then work back and forth between the screens. You can even have several window screens this way.