MS Query - How Can I Launch It

=?Utf-8?B?bXIgdG9t?=

      10th May 2006
Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.

I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
as it were.

I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.

Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xS?=

      10th May 2006
Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mr tom" wrote:

> Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.
>
> I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
> as it were.
>
> I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.
>
> Any bright ideas?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Tom.

=?Utf-8?B?bXIgdG9t?=

      10th May 2006
I don't want the wizard, and I don't want to specify a database.
Unfortunately, the options below don't exist in Excel 2002 and the
alternatives won't take me into a bare MS Query with nothing launched.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom.

"CLR" wrote:

> Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "mr tom" wrote:
>
> > Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.
> >
> > I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
> > as it were.
> >
> > I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.
> >
> > Any bright ideas?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Tom.

=?Utf-8?B?TWlndWVsIFphcGljbw==?=

      10th May 2006
Check your office directory (in my case C:\program files\Microsoft
Office\Office11) for an application called MSQRY32.EXE, and double click on
it. This should launch an empty instance of MS Query.

Miguel.

"mr tom" wrote:

> I don't want the wizard, and I don't want to specify a database.
> Unfortunately, the options below don't exist in Excel 2002 and the
> alternatives won't take me into a bare MS Query with nothing launched.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Tom.
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "mr tom" wrote:
> >
> > > Should be simple. I just want to launch MS Query from inside Excel.
> > >
> > > I don't have a query I want to open in it - I just want to open it "empty",
> > > as it were.
> > >
> > > I've looked through the menus and the no-help system.
> > >
> > > Any bright ideas?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Tom.

=?Utf-8?B?bXIgdG9t?=

      10th May 2006
Many thanks.

I've stuck a shortcut on my desktop. That's exactly what I needed.

Tom.

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

> Check your office directory (in my case C:\program files\Microsoft
> Office\Office11) for an application called MSQRY32.EXE, and double click on
> it. This should launch an empty instance of MS Query.
>
> Miguel.
>
> "mr tom" wrote:
>
> > I don't want the wizard, and I don't want to specify a database.
> > Unfortunately, the options below don't exist in Excel 2002 and the
> > alternatives won't take me into a bare MS Query with nothing launched.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Tom.
> >
> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery
> > >
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xS?=

      10th May 2006
If you do Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery > Select "ExcelFiles" > OK
> then X out of the "Select Workbook" pop-up > this should leave you in the

MSQuery window.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3