MS Publisher/Word

turtill@hotmail.com

      16th Oct 2006
My office disc is dated as Office 2000. I cannot find MS Publisher on
it. Is Word classed as Publisher on an old set up like mine?
pete
--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      16th Oct 2006
Publisher is Publisher, never Word. Publisher was not available on all
editions of Office.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My office disc is dated as Office 2000. I cannot find MS Publisher on
> it. Is Word classed as Publisher on an old set up like mine?
> pete
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

turtill@hotmail.com

      16th Oct 2006
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:36:28 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Publisher is Publisher, never Word. Publisher was not available on all
>editions of Office.

Many thanks. Can it be bought separately in the UK?
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      16th Oct 2006
I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:36:28 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Publisher is Publisher, never Word. Publisher was not available on all
>>editions of Office.

> Many thanks. Can it be bought separately in the UK?
> pete
>
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

turtill@hotmail.com

      16th Oct 2006
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:14:43 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
>Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
>assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
and that is what made me notice Word. I do have MS Front Page though
so does it make any sense buying Pub 2003 as I presume I can write
plain text and Front Page will turn it into HTML?
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      16th Oct 2006
I do *not* recommend using Publisher for websites. Especially since you have
FrontPage. That's like using a shoe to put a nail in a wall when you have a
hammer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:14:43 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
>>Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
>>assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

> The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
> and that is what made me notice Word. I do have MS Front Page though
> so does it make any sense buying Pub 2003 as I presume I can write
> plain text and Front Page will turn it into HTML?
> pete
>
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

turtill@hotmail.com

      16th Oct 2006
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:54:20 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I do *not* recommend using Publisher for websites. Especially since you have
>FrontPage. That's like using a shoe to put a nail in a wall when you have a
>hammer.

I am grateful for your advice. Thanks.
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Stan Brown

      16th Oct 2006
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:46:32 +0100 from <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
> and that is what made me notice Word.

You don't need Publisher to create bad HTML -- Word can do that on
its own. :-)

Seriously, the folks at comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html will tell
you that it's really best to learn some HTML. It's not that hard, and
then your Web site will be viewable on all browsers, without anything
in it that only MSIE can view. The folks in that newsgroup can
recommend some tutorials that will get you going in under a day.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      17th Oct 2006
Heck, I can think of a half dozen different programs that could be used to
create bad HTML. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]