MS Newgroups

Dave

      26th Feb 2006
Scott -
Not to butt in, but I was just working with another soul lost in the process
of setting up a network. Reminded me of your comments the other day that
you were doing something similar, but hadn't gotten into the MS Newsgroups
area.

Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a computer)
without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

If you try but can't find out how to get started/locate them , let me know.

Again, didn't mean to butt in.

Dave Burkhardt

BTW - the Doorman quintet was very good this morning. The other 3 guys
should be worried :-)

Dave

Bob Phillips

      26th Feb 2006

> Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a

computer)
> without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
> MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

Ken Wright

      26th Feb 2006
Like probably 99.9%

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OSvU$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a

> computer)
>> without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
>> MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

> Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

Dave

      27th Feb 2006
Well - I certainly screwed this up

First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his head
trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the Newsgroup page
when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you folks up -
sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.

I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.

Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation

Dave

"Ken Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Like probably 99.9%
>
> --
> Regards
> Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03
>
> ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
> ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
>

> "Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OSvU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a

>> computer)
>>> without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
>>> MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.

>> Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

Ken Wright

      27th Feb 2006
LOL - No problem at all, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the comments.
Hope he gets his network up and running :-)

Regards
Ken.........................

news:OTwl0u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well - I certainly screwed this up
>
> First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his
> head trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the Newsgroup
> page when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you folks
> up - sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.
>
> I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
> I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.
>
> Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation
>
> Dave
>

> "Ken Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Like probably 99.9%
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03
>>
>> ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
>> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>> ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
>>

>> "Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OSvU$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> computer)
>>>
>>> Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

Bob Phillips

      28th Feb 2006
Yeah, gave us a nice distraction :-)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

news:eDMzg1#(E-Mail Removed)...

-----

-----

> >> "Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:OSvU$(E-Mail Removed)...

Bob Phillips

      28th Feb 2006
BTW who are the Doorman quintet?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

> Scott -
> Not to butt in, but I was just working with another soul lost in the

process
> of setting up a network. Reminded me of your comments the other day that
> you were doing something similar, but hadn't gotten into the MS Newsgroups
> area.
>
> Don't even think of trying to set up a network (or much else on a

computer)
> without the Microsoft pros who answer your specific questions on the
> MSNewsgroup page. And it's free.
>
> If you try but can't find out how to get started/locate them , let me

know.

> Again, didn't mean to butt in.
>
> Dave Burkhardt
>
> BTW - the Doorman quintet was very good this morning. The other 3 guys
> should be worried :-)
>
> Dave

Dave Peterson

      28th Feb 2006
Lots of people have posted private messages to the newsgroup that they really
didn't want to share with the world (right Ken? <vvbg>).

Just be glad it wasn't a mean, vicious message--well, at least one you didn't
want to share <bg>.

Dave wrote:

> Well - I certainly screwed this up
>
> First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his head
> trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the Newsgroup page
> when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you folks up -
> sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.
>
> I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
> I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.
>
> Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation
>
> Dave
>
> "Ken Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Like probably 99.9%
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03
> >
> > ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
> > It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
> > ------------------------------*------------------------------*----------------
> >

> > "Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:OSvU$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> computer)
> >>
> >> Very few are MS pros, most are totally independent of MS.

--

Dave Peterson

Ken Wright

      28th Feb 2006
Hi Bob - Burning the midnight oil as well?? :-)

Regards
Ken....................

"Bob Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eppXJe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, gave us a nice distraction :-)
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

> "Ken Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eDMzg1#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> LOL - No problem at all, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the comments.
>> Hope he gets his network up and running :-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Ken.........................
>>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OTwl0u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Well - I certainly screwed this up
>> >
>> > First - this was a personal message to a friend who is in way over his
>> > head trying to set up a network. Somehow I managed to be on the

> Newsgroup
>> > page when I hit the Send button. Anyway, I was just talking all you

> folks
>> > up - sorry if I got a few (most) of the details wrong.
>> >
>> > I was right about one thing, tho. He needs you guys (and gals) badly.
>> > I'll repost to him this time. You may just hear from 'Scott' again.
>> >
>> > Thanks all - we really appreciate your work - whatever the motivation
>> >
>> > Dave
>> >

>> > "Ken Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> ------------------------------*------------------------------*-----------

> -----

> -----

Ken Wright

      28th Feb 2006
rotflmao - I'm still trying to forget that one, but thank you so much for
reminding me Dave <VBG>

Regards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...